** Related: What’s open and closed in Ottawa on Victoria Day weekend ** Looking for something to do in or around Ottawa this Victoria Day long weekend? _ OttawaStart.com ** ** _ has you covered!
* ** [ Commissioners Park Tulips – A Garden Tulip Experience ](http://www.tulipfestival.ca/program/commissioners-park-tulips/) ** * [ ** Lansdowne Park Tulip Gallery – A Friendship, Floral and Art Tulip Experience ** ](http://www.tulipfestival.ca/lansdowne-tulip-gallery/) * [ ** ByWard Tulip Park ** ** (ing) ** ** – An Urban Tulip Experience ** ](http://www.tulipfestival.ca/byward-tulip-parking/) sponsored by ** Sterling Ford ** * [ ** Tulips on the Garden Promenade – A City Tulip Tour Experience ** ](http://www.tulipfestival.ca/garden-promenade-tulips/)
** Related: Great photos of the Tulip Festival ** [caption id="attachment_68430” align="aligncenter” width="720”]
At the Canadian Tulip Festival. (Devyn Barrie/OttawaStart.com)[/caption] ** Fireworks **
* Head over to Lansdowne Park for a [ display on Sunday night ](http://ottawastart.com/events/65th-anniversary-tulipmania-fireworks-victoria-day-celebration/) . * There will also be fireworks [ in Ashton ](http://ottawastart.com/events/ashton-victoria-day-fireworks/) at dusk. * <del> The Ottawa Champions are having a [ little league night ](https://www.facebook.com/ottawachampions/photos/a.1498175550415265.1073741829.1497073780525442/1961626860736796/?type=3&theater) at their game on Saturday at RCGT park, complete with fireworks. </del>
_ If you know of any other fireworks scheduled, leave a comment below. _ ** For the family **
* Most [ national museums ](http://ottawastart.com/useful-links/museums/) are open. * Movie theatres are open. * <del> The Kanata Theatre is presenting Treasure Island on Saturday night, [ starting at 8 p.m. ](http://ottawastart.com/events/kanata-theatre-presents-treasure-island-by-ken-ludwig-direted-by-wendy-wagner-2017-05-19/) </del>
** Go for a ** ** bike ride! **
* The weather on Saturday (18 and sunny) make for good biking. But Sunday and Monday [ may be rainy ](http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/on-118_metric_e.html) , per Environment Canada. * The 47th season of Nokia Sunday Bikedays launches at 9 a.m. on Sunday. "To celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary, Confederation Boulevard will be car-free for the first time ever for this first day of the season," a news release from the National Capital Commission said. * The launch will feature events for the whole family at Major's Hill including buskers, a DJ, face painting, bike repairs, et al.
** Season open for Watson’s Mill in Manotick **
* Used Book Store open * First milling demonstration of the year will take place ** Sunday ** , May 21 * New exhibit “A Walk Through the Decades” at the Dickinson House. * Free guided tours of Watson’s Mill and Dickinson House * Children’s crafts, games, and activities all weekend. * ** Plus ** [ spring craft show ](http://ottawastart.com/events/spring-craft-show/) featuring local artists.
More details… ** For hockey lovers – Saturday through Monday ** The sweat-soaked smell of the dressing room. The flick of the wrist-shot. The roar of the fans. For millions of Canadians, winter means hockey and hockey means everything. Be there when the puck drops on ** Hockey ** . Trace the sport’s evolution through historic highlight reels, interactive components and one-of-a-kind artifacts. Explore the places where Canadians live and breathe hockey: from dressing room to press-box, rink to corporate boardroom, players’ bench to the backyard game. Find out why hockey holds pride of place in the hearts of Canadians. _ An exhibition developed by the Canadian Museum of History and presented in partnership with Pointe-à-Callière, Montréal Archaeology and History Complex. _