The Peace Tower. (Photo/Devyn Barrie)
Here’s a list of things to do in Ottawa this Labour Day long weekend:
- Labour Day parade starts at noon at city hall
- Go for a swim!
- Sunday is the last day for NOKIA Sunday Bikedays
- Check out the Northern Lights show on Parliament Hill
- Mackenzie King Estate summer-end celebration
- Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival
- Go Apple picking!
Other things you should try before summer is over (astronomically, summer ends on Sept. 23, 2019 with the autumn equinox!)
(Originally published September 2016 and updated many times since then.)