The city’s projects to revitalize Vanier are a part of “Vision Vanier”.
The City of Ottawa has posted this video on their website to explain the Vision Vanier initiatives. Here’s some details from their website:
Vision Vanier is an umbrella initiative of City projects that aim to revitalize Vanier and turn it into a liveable neighbourhood. This will be done through land-use planning, economic development, infrastructure improvements, transportation and mobility, and arts, culture and heritage. Vision Vanier includes six key projects:
- Building Better Revitalized Neighborhoods: The City prioritized neighbourhoods for revitalization and developed action plans to improve their health, vibrancy and liveability.
- Montreal Road Community Improvement Plan: The City provides Tax Increment Equivalent Grants for eligible property owners to redevelop lands or buildings that are underused, idle or in need of repair or renovation.
- Montreal Road Revitalization: The City is building a vibrant and welcoming main street with a well-balanced transportation network that will allow residents and businesses to thrive.
- Riverain Park parking lot and pathway renewal: The City resurfaced the parking lot and built a new multi-use pathway linking McArthur Avenue to Riverain Park, improving accessibility, safety and connectivity.
- Culture in Action: The City is collaborating with local artists and organizations to create a plan to improve the artistic, heritage and cultural life of Vanier residents.
- Vanier and Montreal Road Public Art Program: The City is integrating innovative public art that reflects Vanier’s unique character and diversity in the revitalization of Montreal Road and surrounding neighbourhoods.