_ (press release) _ ** Ottawa ** - The City of Ottawa reminds residents of the following schedule changes for Remembrance Day, Friday, November 11. The flags at all City of Ottawa facilities will be lowered to half-mast from sunrise to sunset to honour the memory of all Canadians who have served their country in time of war.
In recognition of the significance of Remembrance Day in honouring Canadian Veterans and those serving in the military currently, and in accordance with the City of Ottawa’s Remembrance Day By-law 2008-355, most ** retail businesses ** are required to close until 12:30 p.m. on November 11. ** Client services: **
* ** [ Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres ](http://ottawa.ca/en/contact/clientservices/) , ** including ** the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, ** will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Monday, November 14. * The City’s ** [ Provincial Offences Court ](http://ottawa.ca/en/roads_trans/prov_crt/parking/locations/) ** , located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Monday, November 14. * ** The City’s 3- ** 1-1 ** Contact Centre ** will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or [ 613-580-2400 ](tel:613-580-2400) to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call (TTY): [ 613-580-2401 ](tel:613-580-2401) .
** Garbage, green bin and recycling: **
* Curbside ** [ green bin ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/garbage-and-recycling/green-bin-and-leaf-and-yard-waste) , [ recycling ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/garbage-and-recycling/recycling) ** , ** [ garbage ](http://ottawa.ca/en/node/266025/index.html) ** , and ** [ leaf and yard waste ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/garbage-and-recycling/green-bin-and-leaf-and-yard-waste/leaf-and-yard-waste) ** collection will take place on its regular day with no changes to the ** [ collection schedule ](http://ottawa.ca/en/garbage_recycle/garbage/collection_calendar/index.html) ** . * Multi-residential garbage and recycling container collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day with no changes. * The Trail Road Landfill site will be open.
** Transit service: **
* ** [ OC Transpo ](http://www.octranspo1.com/?lang=en) ** will operate a regular weekday schedule. War veterans who wear their medals or uniforms may ride OC Transpo, Para Transpo and Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) for free during ** National Veterans’ Week – November 5 to 11 ** . On November 11, buses will pull over to the side of the road (where it is safe to do so) to observe two minutes of silence at 11 a.m. _ The Last Post and Reveille _ will be played over the radios of OC Transpo buses. OC Transpo operators may also wear red on November 11 in support of Canadian Forces troops. Call [ 613-560-1000 ](tel:613-560-1000) or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone [ 613-741-4390 ](tel:613-741-4390) or visit ** [ octranspo.com. ](http://www.octranspo1.com/splash) ** STO will operate a special schedule on November 11. Riders are invited to consult the User’s Guide, visit Plani-Bus on the STO web site at ** [ www.sto.ca ](http://www.sto.ca/index.php?id=2&L=en) ** or call [ 819-770-3242 ](tel:819-770-3242) for more details. The INFOBUS system also provides the exact time that the next two buses are scheduled to arrive at a particular stop by dialling 819-778 plus the bus stop number. * ** [ OC Transpo Customer Service Centres ](http://www.octranspo.com/fares_menuE.htm) ** will be closed, with the exception of the Rideau Centre office, which will be open from 12:30 to 9 p.m. * ** The OC Transpo Information Centre [ (613-741-4390 ](tel:%28613-741-4390) ) ** will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
* ** OC Transpo Customer Relations ( ** 613-842-3600 ** ) ** will be closed.
* ** Para Transpo ** will operate a regular service. Customers may begin booking their trips on Friday, November 4, by calling [ 613-244-7272 ](tel:613-244-7272) .
** Parking: **
* On November 11, vehicles with a veteran’s licence plate will be allowed to park for free in the parking garage at City Hall, 110 Laurier Avenue West. Free parking will also be available for vehicles displaying veteran’s plates in the on-street paid areas around the National War Memorial, specifically on downtown streets bordered by and including Somerset Street to the south, Bank Street to the west, the Ottawa River to the north and the Rideau Canal to the east. All other on-street parking regulations continue to apply.
** Recreation services: **
* Pools, arenas and ** [ fitness centres ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/parks-and-recreation/fitness-memberships/memberships) ** will be open for [ ** public swimming ** ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/parks-and-recreation/public-swimming) , [ ** aquafitness, ** ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/parks-and-recreation/fitness-memberships/aquafitness) [ ** public skating ** ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/parks-and-recreation/public-skating) with regular [ ** fitness schedules ** ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/parks-and-recreation/schedules) . Please check ** [ ottawa.ca ](http://ottawa.ca/en) ** or the facility of your choice for details. * Public skating will be offered at [ ** Bob MacQuarrie Recreation Complex ** ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/parks-and-recreation/recreation-facilities/recreation-centre-locations/bob-macquarrie) , [ ** Jim Durrell Recreation Complex ** ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/parks-and-recreation/recreation-facilities/recreation-centre-locations/jim-durrell) and [ ** Goulbourn Recreation Complex ** ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/parks-and-recreation/drop-activities/goulbourn-recreation-complex) . Please check with [ ** ottawa.ca ** ](http://ottawa.ca/en) for details. * Registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas will be operating; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
** Ottawa Public Health ** :
* The latest ** _ [ Food Premises ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/public-health/food-premises-personal-service-settings-and-inspections/inspections) _ ** and [ ** _ Personal Service Settings _ ** ](http://app01.ottawa.ca/inspections/index.html?type=pss&lang=en) (tattoo and body piercing studios, hairdressing and barbershops, nail salons, electrolysis and various other services) public health ** [ inspection reports ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/public-health/food-premises-personal-service-settings-and-inspections/inspections) ** are available online 24/7. * The [ ** Sexual Health Centre ** ](http://ottawa.ca/en/node/266213/index.html) and ** Satellite Clinics ** will be closed. * The ** [ Dental Clinics ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/public-health/healthy-living/access-dental-care) ** and ** [ Well Baby Drop-In ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/public-health/pregnancy-and-babies/baby-express-and-breastfeeding-support-drop-ins) ** will be closed. * SITE program – SITE office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed, however, the ** [ SITE Mobile Van ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/public-health/healthy-living/clean-needle-syringe-program) ** will operate on a regular schedule from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. * The ** [ Ottawa Public Health Information Line (OPHIL) ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/public-health/about-ottawa-public-health/contact-ottawa-public-health) ** will be closed; however, you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to within one business day. You can also connect with us online for the latest health information on ** [ Twitter ](http://twitter.com/ottawahealth) ** , ** [ Facebook ](https://www.facebook.com/ottawahealth) ** , ** [ Wordpress ](http://app07.ottawa.ca/blogs/santeottawahealth/en/blog/) ** and ** [ Ottawa Public Health ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/public-health) . **
** Cultural Services: **
* [ ** Karsh-Masson Gallery ** ](http://ottawa.ca/en/liveculture/karsh-masson-gallery) ** , ** [ ** Barbara Ann Scott Gallery ** ](http://ottawa.ca/en/liveculture/barbara-ann-scott-gallery) and the [ ** OAG Annex ** ](http://www.ottawaartgallery.ca/content/oag-annex-city-hall-gallery-0) at City Hall will be open. * City of Ottawa Archives, arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed; however, clients should check [ ** ottawa.ca ** ](http://www.ottawa.ca/index_en.html) or their facility to confirm, as some exceptions may apply.
** Archives Services: **
* The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed.
** ** ** Municipal child care services: **
* City-operated [ ** Municipal Child Care Centres ** ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/social-services/daycare/city-operated-child-care) will be closed.
** Library services: **
* All branches and services of the [ ** Ottawa Public Library ** ](http://biblioottawalibrary.ca/en/main/overview) will be closed. Regular hours will resume on Saturday, November 12.
** ** ** The City of Ottawa informs residents that there will be traffic impacts for the following parades and ceremonies commemorating Remembrance Day being held in the various communities in and around Ottawa: **
* ** Bells Corners ** – 10:30 to 12:30 a.m., Royal Canadian Legion (Bells Corners Branch 593), Centrepointe Drive between Constellation Drive and Chrysalis Way (formerly Epsilon Way). * ** Eastview/Vanier ** – 1:30 to 3 p.m., Royal Canadian Legion (Eastview Branch 462), north on Cyr Avenue between the Royal Canadian Legion (294 Cyr Avenue) and Montreal Road, east on Montreal Road between Cyr Avenue and Hannah Street, and north on Hannah Street between Montreal Road and Marier Avenue, and to the Vanier Cenotaph for the ceremonial service. Following the service, the parade participants will return to the Royal Canadian Legion going south on Hannah Street between Marier Avenue and Montreal Road, south on Cody Avenue between Montreal Road and Jeanne Mance Street, west on Jeanne Mance Street between Cody Avenue and Savard Avenue, and north on Savard Avenue between Jeanne Mance Street and Racine Robert Funeral Home. * ** Kanata ** – 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m., Royal Canadian Legion (Kanata Branch 638), east on The Parkway between Earl of March High School (4 Parkway) and Teron Road, south on Teron Road between The Parkway and Colchester Square, Colchester Square, and west on Campeau Drive between Colchester Square and the John Mlacak Centre. * ** Manotick/South Carleton ** – 10:15 a.m. to noon, Royal Canadian Legion (South Carleton Branch 314), east on Beaverwood Road from the Royal Canadian Legion to Manotick Main Street, north on Manotick Main Street from Beaverwood Road to Clapp Lane, east on Clapp Lane from Manotick Main Street, and to the Manotick Cenotaph for the ceremonial service. Then,south on Dickinson Street from the Manotick Cenotaph and Mill Street, west on Mill Street from Dickinson Street and Manotick Main Street, south on Manotick Main Street from Mill Street and Beaverwood Road, west on Beaverwood Road from Manotick Main Street and the Royal Canadian Legion (Branch 314) * ** National War Memorial ** – 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Royal Canadian Legion, Dominion Command. The following street closures will be in effect:
Rideau/Wellington Street between Sussex/Colonel By Drive and Bank Street, Queen Street between O’Connor Street and Elgin Street, Elgin Street between Wellington Street and Albert Street, Metcalfe Street between Wellington Street and Albert Street, and O’Connor Street between Wellington Street and Queen Street. ** Temporary street closures ** prior to and following the ceremony at the National War Memorial in effect:
Laurier Avenue between Nicholas Street and Elgin Street, Elgin Street between Laurier Avenue and Albert Street, Colonel By Drive between Rideau Street and Daly Avenue, MacKenzie Avenue extension between Rideau Street and Daly Avenue, Daly Avenue between Colonel By Drive and Nicholas Street, Nicholas Street (southbound) between Daly Avenue and Laurier Avenue, and Elgin Street between Albert Street and Slater Street
* ** Navan ** – 10:30 a.m. to noon, Colonial Road between Delson Drive and Fairgreen Avenue, and to the Navan Cenotaph for the ceremonial service. * ** Orléans ** – 10:30 to 11 a.m., Royal Canadian Legion (Branch 632), Vimont Court and Taylor Creek Boulevard between Vimont Court and the Royal Canadian Legion at 800 Taylor Creek Boulevard, and to the Orleans Cenotaph for the ceremonial service. * ** Osgoode ** – 10:45 a.m. to noon, Royal Canadian Legion (Osgoode Branch 589), Victoria Street between Eighth Line Road and Louise Street, and to the ceremonial service at the Osgoode Cenotaph in front of the Municipal Building. * ** Richmond ** – 10:45 a.m. to noon, Royal Canadian Legion (Richmond Branch 625), Perth Street between the Richmond Shopping Plaza and the Richmond Memorial Park for the ceremonial service. * ** Stittsville ** – 1:45 to 2:45 p.m., Royal Canadian Legion (Stittsville and District Branch 618), north on Stittsville Main Street between the Royal Canadian Legion, (1480 Stittsville Main Street) and Warner-Colpitts Lane, and west on Warner-Colpitts Lane between Stittsville Main Street and the Stittsville Cenotaph for the ceremonial service. The parade participants will return to the Royal Canadian Legion going east on Mulkins Street between the Stittsville Cenotaph and Stittsville Main Street, and south on Stittsville Main Street between Mulkins Street and the Royal Canadian Legion, Stittsville Branch 618. * ** Strathcona ** – 10:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., ** Sunday, November 6, ** Royal Canadian Legion (Strathcona Branch 595), Main Street between Immaculata High School (140 Main Street) parking lot and St. Paul University (223 Main Street) parking lot for the ceremonial service. * ** West Carleton ** – 1 to 2 p.m., ** Saturday, November 5 ** , Royal Canadian Legion (West Carleton Branch 616), Constance Bay Road between McConnell Lane and Allbirch Road, and Allbirch Road between Constance Bay Road, and to the Royal Canadian Legion for the ceremonial service. * ** Westboro ** – 1:30 to 3 p.m., Royal Canadian Legion (Westboro Branch 480), north on Winston Avenue between the Royal Canadian Legion and Madison Avenue, east on Madison Avenue between Winston Avenue and Churchill Avenue, south on Churchill Avenue between Madison Avenue and Richmond Road, and west on Richmond Road between Churchill Avenue and Broadview Avenue to the Westboro Cenotaph. ** Wreath laying and ceremonial service at Westboro Cenotaph from 2:30 p.m. ** The parade participants will return east on Richmond Road between Broadview Avenue and the Royal Canadian Legion (Westboro Branch 480).