The City of Ottawa’s 2021 Cleaning the Capital Program returns for the spring campaign, from April 15 to May 15. Registration has begun.
Registering is quick and easy**:**
- Visit ottawa.ca/clean or call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) to register your cleanup. Our interactive map will show you which locations have already been claimed, and our online registration form will allow you to choose your own project site and indicate the cleanup supplies that you need.
- Select a location, such as a park, ravine, shoreline, bus stop or pathway – any public area that requires litter pickup or graffiti removal.
The campaign is a citywide event that brings together communities, neighbours and friends to help keep Ottawa clean and green.
Cleaning the Capital is also an excellent way for high school students to earn their community volunteer hours.
New guidelines due to COVID-19
Please keep in mind that all participants must follow public health guidelines to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. This means your cleanup plan must be COVIDWISE and include the following:
- Keep a physical distance of at least two metres (six feet) from anyone who is not from your household
- Wear a mask whenever physical distancing is not possible
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands as early and as often as possible
- If you are feeling unwell in any way, please stay home
See Ontario COVID-19 Response Framework for more information.