The other day I needed to find a small conference room in Ottawa for about three hours on a Saturday afternoon for a brainstorming session. I asked for suggestions on Twitter and was surprised at how many different responses I received:
- DaVinci: A few locations around the city including downtown and on Legget Drive in Kanata North. Starts at $40/hour.
- Ottawa Public Library: Several rooms that are available for rental at various branches. Four hours for a for-profit organization is $75. (Prices are lower for non-profit organizations.)
- Intelligent Office: Located at World Exchange Plaza downtown.
- Breather: This is like an Airbnb for office space. There are currently three meeting rooms in Ottawa listed for $20/hour.
- Algonquin College: Rooms for any occasion. Classrooms of all sizes, boardrooms, banquet hall, labs, theatre etc. Charges by half-day or full day.
- Other suggestions included grocery stores (they often have rooms available for free to non-profit groups) and self-storage places.
In the end, I didn’t use any of these spaces, because a couple of generous readers on Twitter offered us the use of their space (thank you.) Still, it’s good to know about these locations for future meetings.