[caption id=“” align=“aligncenter” width=“640”] [
](https://www.flickr.com/photos/25575174@N08/8586087532) Lindt by Gamachephoto, from the OttawaStart Flickr Group[/caption]
Here’s what’s open and closed on Easter Weekend in Ottawa.
* Good Friday this year is on March 30. It's a statutory holiday in Canada so just about all businesses are closed. * Saturday is business as usual. * Easter Sunday is April 1, with most businesses shut down for the day. * Monday, April 2 is a holiday for most government employees and schools, and a few private sector employees.
_ To add to this list (or make a correction) please email email@example.com or add a comment below. _ ** Need groceries? **
* In Ottawa, most ** grocery stores ** , ** shopping malls ** and ** retail outlets ** are closed on Friday and Sunday, but open on Monday. The Rideau Centre is closed Friday and Sunday too. * If you need some last minute groceries, some pharmacies like ** Shoppers Drug Mart ** open on the holidays and some even have a decent food section. * Meanwhile, in ** Gatineau ** , most stores and malls (like Les Promenades de l'Outaouais and les Galleries de Hull) are open on Good Friday, closed on Easter Sunday, and open again on Monday. * Many stores in the ** Byward Market ** are open all weekend, including Friday and Sunday. * Open every day: The [ Bagelshop ](http://www.ottawabagelshop.com/) on Wellington Street West, from 7am-6pm.
** Need a doctor or emergency care? **
* You can find healthcare services open during the Easter holidays by checking [ iamsick.ca ](http://iamsick.ca)
** A good weekend for laundry **
* Off-peak rates for hydro are in effect all weekend, from Friday to Monday. Run the dishwasher, do your laundry, etc.
** Need wine or beer? **
* ** Beer Stores ** are closed on Friday and Sunday. All ** LCBO ** stores are closed on Friday and Sunday, and some are open Monday with revised hours. * Over in Quebec, ** SAQ ** outlets are open on Friday and Saturday, some are open on Sunday, and most are open on Monday. * Several local brew pubs are open this weekend, where you can buy bottles to take home.
** More shopping & restaurants **
* Some garden centers will be open on Easter Sunday (call ahead). * Some Tim Hortons are open on Friday and Sunday, some are not. Hit & miss. * Many restaurants are open all weekend. _ (Call first and check!) _ * The [ Walmart in Smith Falls ](http://www.walmart.ca/en/walmart-smiths-falls-supercentre/5811) is open on Friday from 8am-5pm. (But closed on Easter Sunday.) * Banks are closed on Friday and open on Monday.
** Entertainment & attractions **
* Here's our [ Events Calendar ](http://ottawastart.com/events/) with more event suggestions for the weekend. * Most [ National Museums ](http://ottawastart.com/useful-links/museums/) are open all weekend (visit their web sites to confirm times). The National Art Gallery is closed on Good Friday. Both the Agriculture Museum and Aviation and Space Museum are open all four days, and the Agriculture Museum has special Easter at the Farm programming throughout the weekend. * Local museums are closed on Friday and Monday, including the Ottawa Art Gallery. * [ Movie theatres ](http://ottawastart.com/a-map-of-movie-theatres-in-ottawa/) are open. * Most local [ sugar bushes ](http://ottawastart.com/map-maple-syrup-sugar-bushes-near-ottawa/) are open throughout the weekend. * Some local [ ski hills ](http://ottawastart.com/where-to-ski-and-snowboard-in-ottawa-downhill-and-cross-country/) still have a few runs open.
** Government services: **
* ** Garbage & recycling: ** No garbage collection on Friday or Monday. Good Friday’s pick-up will take place on Saturday, and Easter Monday’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday. The collection of green bin, garbage and recycling materials will be ** delayed by one day ** for the week after Easter. * Off-peak rates apply for hydro all day on stat holidays. * ** OC Transpo: ** Buses operate on a Sunday schedule on Good Friday. On Monday, all school routes are cancelled and there will be some route reductions to the regular weekday schedule. All OC Transpo sales centres are closed on Friday and Monday, except for the Rideau Centre which is open on Monday. * In Gatineau, STO is operating a Saturday schedule on Good Friday and Easter Monday. * ** Service Ontario ** kiosks are closed on Friday and Monday * ** Federal Government ** offices are closed on Friday and Monday. * ** Public & Catholic school boards ** are closed Friday and Monday. * Most ** City of Ottawa services ** are closed on Friday and Monday, including client service centres and libraries. * The City of Ottawa's ** 3-1-1 ** service is open for urgent matters requiring the City's immediate attention. * Many ** City of Ottawa recreation centres ** are open all weekend (pools, fitness centres, arenas), call ahead or check [ ottawa.ca ](http://ottawa.ca/) for info.
_ To add to this list (or make a correction) please email _ _ firstname.lastname@example.org or add a comment below. _