OC Transpo’s summer service starts Sunday, June 23, 2019.
(Via OC Transpo)
As the school year ends and summer vacations begin, we are making the following service adjustments to meet the changing needs of our customers and to reflect the seasonal changes in ridership.
Use the Travel Planner to check if your regular trips are affected.
Due to lower ridership in the summer, the following routes will have service reductions:
- Routes 10, 12, 30, 33, 44, 61, 63, 64, 82, 85, 87, 88, 91, 94, 95, 97, 98, 104, 105, 111, 129, 235, 236, and 272.
Special school services
School service wraps up at the end of exams. After the exam period, school routes will be removed until the fall semester.
For summer school students, some trips on Routes 14 and 106 will have increased capacity.
Service improvements on Routes 30 and 272
- Route 30 – Select weekday late evening trips that currently start or end at Jeanne d’Arc and Innes will be extended to start or end at Millennium Station; and,
- Route 272 – Extended to start or end at Cobble Hill and Fallowfield.
New stops for route 272.
Special service to recreational destinations
Summer weekend service returns on Route 129 to the Canada Aviation and Space Museum, on Route 139 to Petrie Island (check online about service to Petrie Island which has been delayed due to this year’s flooding) and on Route 185 to the Experimental Farm and Canada Agricultural and Food Museum. Buses run every 30 minutes during the day on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
Several bus routes will continue to be affected by construction this summer. Customers on the following routes should give themselves extra travel time:
- Routes 5 and 14 – Detoured downtown due to the Elgin Street Renewal Project;
- Route 10 – Detoured around roadwork on Bronson Avenue;
- Routes 12, 14, 18 and 19 – Service may be impacted by construction on Montréal Road due to construction between North River Road and the Vanier Parkway;
- Routes 40 and 48 – Service may be impacted by construction on St-Laurent Boulevard and Walkley Road;
- Routes 44, 61, 95 and 105 – Detours through the summer service period due to closures of Booth Street and Eddy Street for construction work for the Zibi development in Gatineau;
- Routes 164. 252 and 256 – Service may be impacted by construction on Old Richmond Road between West Hunt Club Road and Hope Side Road; and,
- Routes 283 and 301 – Detoured around roadwork on the Richmond Bridge in the village of Richmond until approximately the end of June.
Signs of change at bus stops
Customers will notice changes at their stop, including new bus stop signs, schedules and maps. With almost 6,000 stops across the city, OC Transpo is preparing for the network-wide bus route changes that will take place following the opening of O-Train Line 1. Current bus service will remain in place until then and up-to-date maps and schedules are available online, or by calling 613-560-1000 or texting 560560 plus the four‑digit bus stop number. Looking ahead, customers can find out how their trip will change after Line 1 opens by using the Ready for Rail Travel Planner at octranspo.com/ready4rail.
For more details, travel planning assistance, and new schedules, customers are strongly encouraged to visit octranspo.com for information. Customers can also call OC Transpo at 613-741-4390 if needed.