Driving Conditions – Local
- #otttraffic on Twitter
A live feed of traffic conditions from a variety of sources.
- Ottawa Traffic Cams / Queensway Traffic Cams
Live video feeds of traffic hot spots around Ottawa.
- Google Maps
Look for the menu on the upper-left, where you can select “traffic”.
- Major road work and street closures
A list of major road closures and detours happening in Ottawa this week. You can find lots of information, including smaller disruptions and an interactive traffic map too.
- Ottawa Student Transportation Authority (OSTA)
The OSTA looks after school bus transportation for the major school baords in Ottawa. This is the place to look for the latest on school bus cancellations due to bad weather.
- City of Ottawa SNOWLINE: 580-2460 (for updates about snow clearing and when you can and can’t park your car on city streets). (More about the city’s winter maintenance activities here.)
- Gas Prices in Ottawa
A list of the best and worst gas prices in the Ottawa-Gatineau region. Provided by GasBuddy.com
- See also: Winter Storm Links
- Provincial highway interactive map
This interactive map from the Province of Ontario shows traffic problems and roadwork along Highway 417 aka The Queensway.
- Ontario highway updates via Twitter, listing unscheduled road closures and events for Ontario provincial highways
@Hwy401 (province wide, not just eastern Ontario)
@_mto (all provincial highways)
- U.S. Border waiting times (to get into the U.S.)
Updated regularly by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Closest crossings to Ottawa are Ogdensburg (via Prescott), Alexandria Bay (via Thousand Islands), Massena (via Cornwall).
- U.S. Border waiting times (to get back into Canada)
Updated regularly by the Canadian Border Services Agency. Wait times are also available via Twitter: Thousand Islands Bridge and Cornwall.