LeBreton Flats seen from the air. (Photo via NCC)
Calling all residents! It’s time to share your ideas to transform LeBreton Flats.
The National Capital Commission (NCC) is moving forward to create a Master Concept Plan that will provide a renewed vision for building LeBreton Flats. The overarching vision in the Master Concept Plan will enable the NCC to be open to a flexible real estate strategy to increase competition and leverage opportunities. This renewal process will build on past experience to build a lively fusion of residential, commercial, cultural and social elements accented by world-class public-realm amenities.
On June 18, an interactive open house will provide opportunities for participants to be involved in the following:
- Share big ideas about what would make LeBreton Flats unique.
- Express priorities and values about how redevelopment efforts should be approached.
- Experience the history of LeBreton Flats, and share their own memories at our Storymobile with “Tale of a Town.”
Members of the public will also be able to share their thoughts and ideas by responding to an online survey, available on the NCC’s website from June 18 until July 2, 2019, at midnight.
When: Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- Drop in any time between 5 pm and 9 pm
Where: Canadian War Museum
- 1 Vimy Place
- Ottawa, Ontario
Benefitting from early engagement with the public, the Algonquin Nation, stakeholders, the surrounding community and the City of Ottawa, the NCC intends to seek municipal approval of the Master Concept Plan in 2020.
- The site to be developed covers an area of 23.9 hectares (59 acres).
- It will soon be served by light rail transit at Bayview and Pimisi stations.