Good Food Celebrations — Agri 150 eventDate/Time
Date(s) - Saturday, October 14
11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Just Food Farm
Ottawa – Ottawa 2017, in collaboration with lead partner CIBC, is pleased to announce a new Agri 150 experience. A free, fun-filled day will unfold this weekend at the Just Food Farm with Good Food Celebrations.
Good Food Celebrations (Free)
Saturday, October 14 (rain or shine)
11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Just Food Farm, 2389 Pepin Court
Residents and visitors are invited to celebrate the importance of good food, grown both locally and globally. Participants will be able to:
- Discover the new community pavilion, new solar project showpiece, and the newly renovated community barn;
- Take a wagon ride or walking tour and learn more about what is growing at the farm;
- View a new community art show and new food forests;
- Listen to live musicians, including Canadian singer/songwriter Eva Avila;
- Hear two inspiring young speakers who connect local to global food;
- Taste local food samples* (free samples created by Red Apron, food options for purchase, and people are also encouraged to bring their own picnics);
- Enjoy a free sample of Beau’s craft beer* (19 years +).
* Food and beverage samples while quantities last.
This event brings together the whole community to celebrate growing good food for all!
Good Food Celebrations is a FREE event. Participants are asked to RSVP in advance for planning purposes: www.goodfoodcelebrations.ca.
Presented in collaboration with Just Food, Aga Khan Foundation Canada, Beau’s All Natural Brewing Company, Bullfrog Power, Ontario150 and Savour Ottawa.
Agri 150 is an Ottawa 2017 program stewarded by Just Food to boost rural tourism during the celebrations of Canada’s 150th birthday in the nation’s capital and for years to come. Unique events will take place over the course of the year to allow people to discover Ottawa’s rural communities in all four seasons, and enhance their knowledge and appreciation of rural resources, while enjoying rejuvenating adventures.
Ottawa 2017 thanks its lead partner CIBC, premier partner Bell, the Government of Ontario (www.ontario.ca/150 #ontario150) and the Government of Canada (www.canada.ca/150 #canada150) for their contributions in helping to deliver twelve full months of bold events, immersive experiences and all-out celebrations.