The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Victoria Day, Monday, May 21.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, May 22.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, May 22.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons living with a hearing-related disability, call 613-580-2401 (TTY).
Garbage, green bin and recycling collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection on Victoria Day. Victoria Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, May 22. In addition, the collection of green bin, recycling materials and garbage will be delayed by one day for the week of May 21. For curbside collection enquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be no multi-residential collection of bulky items, green bin and recycling container collection on Victoria Day. Victoria Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, May 22. Recycling container and green bin collection will also be delayed by one day for the week of May 22. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of May 21.
- The Trail Waste Facility is closed.
** Fireworks: **
* Consumer fireworks may be discharged on the day of, day before or the day after Victoria Day — Monday, May 21. They must be discharged by someone 18 or older, and on private property, with permission of the property owner. Minimum safety distances as indicated on the fireworks product must be maintained from spectators, buildings and vehicles. The fireworks display must not cause danger or nuisance to any person or property. * The sale of consumer fireworks, except on Victoria Day and the seven business days immediately preceding Victoria Day, is prohibited in the City of Ottawa. * Firecrackers are prohibited from being used or sold in the City of Ottawa or Province of Ontario. Anyone selling, purchasing or using firecrackers within the City of Ottawa is in violation of the [ Fireworks By-law ](http://ottawa.ca/en/fireworks-law-no-2003-237) as well as provincial law. * Please review Ottawa’s [ Fireworks By-law ](http://ottawa.ca/en/fireworks-law-no-2003-237) on ottawa.ca for further details.
** Parking: **
* All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
** Transit services: **
* [ OC Transpo (link is external) ](http://www.octranspo.com/index.php/?lang=en) service will operate on a Sunday schedule on Victoria Day. On Victoria Day, a family or group may travel all day with a DayPass, which can be purchased for $10.50 on the bus or at a ticket machine at O-Train Line 2 stations. A family or group can include up to six people with a maximum of two who are ages 13 or older. Call 613‑560‑1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated real-time and scheduled bus departure information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, visit [ octranspo.com (link is external) ](http://www.octranspo.com/index.php/?lang=en) or phone 613‑741‑4390. * OC Transpo Customer Service Centre at the Rideau Centre will be open on Victoria Day from 10 am to 6 pm. Customer Service Centres at Lincoln Fields, Place d’Orléans and St-Laurent stations will be closed. * Transit Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 9 am to 5 pm. * OC Transpo Customer Relations (613-842-3600) will be closed. * ** Para Transpo operations: ** * ** Customer service ** (613-842-3681) – closed * ** Administration ** (613-244-1289) – closed * ** Taxi coupons ** (613-842-3670) – closed * ** Reservation line ** (613-244-7272) – open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. * ** Cancellation/information/general inquiries ** (613-244-4636) – open 6 am to 12:30 am.
** Recreation services: **
* Many pools, fitness centres and some arenas will be open on Victoria Day for [ public swimming ](https://ottawa.ca/en/residents/recreation-and-parks/drop-in-programs?f%5B0%5D=field_diss_activity%3A3983) , [ fitness schedules ](https://ottawa.ca/en/residents/recreation-and-parks/drop-in-programs?f%5B0%5D=field_diss_activity%3A3978) , [ aquafitness ](https://ottawa.ca/en/residents/recreation-and-parks/drop-in-programs?f%5B0%5D=field_diss_activity%3A3976) and [ public skating ](https://ottawa.ca/en/residents/recreation-and-parks/drop-in-programs?f=field_diss_activity%3A3981&f=field_diss_activity%3A4002) with modified schedules. Please check with ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details. * Many registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled on Victoria Day; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply. * Public skating will be offered at [ Bob MacQuarrie Recreation Complex ](http://ottawa.ca/2/en/residents/facilities/bob-macquarrie-recreation-complex-orl%C3%A9ans) , [ Jim Durrell Recreation Complex ](http://ottawa.ca/2/en/residents/facilities/jim-durrell-recreation-centre) and [ Goulbourn Recreation Complex ](https://ottawa.ca/en/residents/facilities/goulbourn-recreation-complex) . Please check with ottawa.ca for details. * Splash pads will open for the summer season on Saturday May 19. Some splash pads may require repairs due to unpredictable impact from winter weather conditions and may result in a delayed opening.
** Ottawa Public Health: **
* The [ Sexual Health Centre (link is external) ](http://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/sexual-health-clinic.aspx#Main-clinic---Appointment-Hours) and [ Satellite Clinics (link is external) ](http://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/sexual-health-clinic.aspx#Youth-Health-Drop-In-Clinics) will be closed. * The [ Dental Clinics (link is external) ](http://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/access-to-dental-care.aspx#Free-Dental-Screenings) and [ Parenting in Ottawa Drop-ins (link is external) ](http://www.parentinginottawa.ca/en/dropins.aspx) will be closed. * SITE program – SITE office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed; however, the SITE mobile van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 pm to 11:30 pm. * The Ottawa Public Health Information Line will be closed; however, you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to within one business day. You can also connect with us online for the latest health information on [ OttawaPublicHealth.ca (link is external) ](https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/index.aspx) .
* Arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed. However, clients should check with [ ottawa.ca ](https://ottawa.ca/en/residents/arts-heritage-and-culture) or their facility to confirm holiday hours, as some exceptions may apply. * [ Karsh-Masson Gallery ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/arts-heritage-and-culture/galleries-and-exhibition-spaces/karsh-masson-gallery) , the [ Barbara Ann Scott Gallery ](http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/arts-heritage-and-culture/galleries-and-exhibitions-spaces/barbara-ann-scott-gallery) and the [ City Hall Art Gallery ](https://ottawa.ca/en/residents/arts-heritage-and-culture/galleries-and-exhibition-spaces/city-hall-art-gallery) at City Hall will be open.
** Archives Services: **
* The [ City of Ottawa Archives ](https://ottawa.ca/en/residents/arts-heritage-and-culture/city-ottawa-archives) will be closed all weekend.
** Municipal child care services: **
* All Municipal Child Care Centres will be closed.
** Library Services: ** All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. They will operate as usual on Tuesday, May 22.