Photo by Glen Gower
Need to get away from the humdrum of urban life? Here’s a handy map of campgrounds in and around Ottawa.
Pictured above is the sign at the entrance of the former Ottawa Municipal Campground, one of the most centrally located campsites around, right between Kanata and Bayshore in the Greenbelt. Now it’s called Wesley Clover Parks.
What are your favourite spots to camp around Ottawa?
Click on any of the markers above for web sites and directions to Ottawa area campgrounds.
Errors or omissions - please contact us.
Rideau Canal Lockstations
Did you know camping is allowed at almost all Rideau Canal lockstations? Only the Ottawa (downtown) and Smiths Falls Combined lockstations do not permit camping. For official fees, check out Parks Canada. Blogger Ken Watson has a great FAQ on lockstation camping.
Ottawa RV & Camping Sales
- Ottawa RV Show (Lansdowne Park, usually in March)
- Belanger RV Centre (Youville Drive)
- Dwyer Hill RV (Dywer Hill Road)
- Miller RV Sales (Metcalfe)
- Open Roads RV (Carp Road)
- Ottawa Camping Trailers (Bank Street)
- Primo Trailer Sales (Moodie Drive)
- RV Canada (Prince of Wales Drive)