Construction of a new roundabout will begin Monday, June 15 at the intersection of Anderson Road and Renaud Road.
Construction will primarily take place during regular working hours on week days, with some weekend work expected. During this time, motorists and cyclists will experience lane re-alignments and/or reductions, as well as some intermittent lane closures. Traffic control persons (flag persons) will be on site directing traffic.
Bus commuters on routes 231 and 232 may experience delays at both stops located at the intersection of Anderson Road and Renaud Road. These stops may occasionally need to be temporarily relocated within the construction work zone.
The expected completion date of the roundabout is mid-October 2015.
Roundabouts benefit Ottawa communities as they are designed to maximize safety and to keep traffic moving. You can learn more about roundabouts by visiting ottawa.ca.
With all of the construction-related activities underway, residents are encouraged to be flexible with commuting times, stagger work hours or use alternative means for travel. The public is asked to consider options such as transit, walking, cycling or carpooling.
During construction, there will be a greater need for all road users to share the road in a safe manner. When navigating through a detour or a construction area, be cautious and watch out for pedestrians, cyclists and other motorists. Signage along the detour will emphasize the need to slow down and share the road.
The City of Ottawa has tools to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute, including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real-time construction and traffic information.
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cams throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras along Highway 417
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
Further details and other information concerning City road works are available on ottawa.ca.