CAUTION: Falling Ice & Snow. Photo by Glen Gower.
Winter Storm Links
This page has links to lots of resources for tracking winter storms in Ottawa, including weather forecasts, travel delays, road conditions and more.
- Summer Camps in the Ottawa area
A big list of Ottawa-area summer camps, including day camps and stay-over camps. There's a broad range of camps offered, from sports to arts, rock band camps, horse riding camps, leaderships camps, radio camps and pretty just about any other category you can think of.
- Swimming pools, beaches and waterparks in Ottawa
Ottawa has four public beaches, more than 50 wading pools, 9 outdoor pools, and 20 public swimming complexes. (And that's not even counting all of the facilities on the Gatineau side!)
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month.
Click here to add your Featured Listing...
The latest forecast
- Check out our Ottawa Weather Guide for forecasts, radar maps, weather warnings, and current conditions.
- Ian Black (from CBC Ottawa) usually has the latest and most accurate info re: weather in Ottawa. You can follow him on Twitter, or if you're not on Twitter just visit his Twitter page.
- Here's Environment Canada's Weather Warnings page and also Special Weather Statements for Ontario.
- And here are some useful cold weather tips from Ottawa Health
- Follower our Twitter feed @ottawastart for timely updates.
- And of course, mainstream media sites have good info too. I've found the Ottawa Citizen, CBC Ottawa and CTV Ottawa to be the most up to date, with CFRA and 1310News useful too.
- Check out what's happening around the city on Ottawa's webcams.
Traffic and bus cancellations
- The Ottawa Student Transportation Authority website posts info about school bus cancellations. Here's a list of school bus cancellations for West Quebec.
- Check driving conditions, including local traffic cams and highway info for the 416 and 417, on our Ottawa Traffic Guide. In particular, check out the Minstry of Transportation's Eastern Ontario Road Conditions page.
- OC Transpo posts route cancellations & delays to its homepage -- look on the right-hand side.
- The City of Ottawa posts info about overnight parking restrictions to @ottawaparking.
- Google Maps has a traffic layer showing how well (or how poorly) traffic is moving.
- You can see a map of power outages in Ontario via the Hydro One Storm Centre. Find local updates on Hydro Ottawa's site.
Airport and train details
- If you're flying somewhere or expecting visitors from out of town, here's the link to flight information at the Ottawa Airport.
- You can check for VIA Rail delays here.
Make the most of it
The latest on Twitter