CAUTION: Falling Ice & Snow. Photo by Glen Gower.
Winter Storm Links
This page has links to lots of resources for tracking winter storms in Ottawa, including weather forecasts, travel delays, road conditions and more.
- OttawaStart Apple Guide
A list of pick-your-own apple orchards around the Ottawa area. Apple season in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec usually runs between late August and mid-October. All of these locations are within about an hour from Ottawa.
Stittsville is a rapidly growing suburb in western Ottawa that's expected to reach 70,000 residents in the next 20 years. StittsvilleCentral.ca is a new site covering the people, businesses and issues that are important in the community.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month.
Click here to add your Featured Listing...
The latest forecast
- Check out our Ottawa Weather Guide for forecasts, radar maps, weather warnings, and current conditions.
- Ian Black (from CBC Ottawa) usually has the latest and most accurate info re: weather in Ottawa. You can follow him on Twitter, or if you're not on Twitter just visit his Twitter page.
- Here's Environment Canada's Weather Warnings page and also Special Weather Statements for Ontario.
- And here are some useful cold weather tips from Ottawa Health
- Follower our Twitter feed @ottawastart for timely updates.
- And of course, mainstream media sites have good info too. I've found the Ottawa Citizen, CBC Ottawa and CTV Ottawa to be the most up to date, with CFRA and 1310News useful too.
- Check out what's happening around the city on Ottawa's webcams.
Traffic and bus cancellations
- The Ottawa Student Transportation Authority website posts info about school bus cancellations. Here's a list of school bus cancellations for West Quebec.
- Check driving conditions, including local traffic cams and highway info for the 416 and 417, on our Ottawa Traffic Guide. In particular, check out the Minstry of Transportation's Eastern Ontario Road Conditions page.
- OC Transpo posts route cancellations & delays to its homepage -- look on the right-hand side.
- The City of Ottawa posts info about overnight parking restrictions to @ottawaparking.
- Google Maps has a traffic layer showing how well (or how poorly) traffic is moving.
- You can see a map of power outages in Ontario via the Hydro One Storm Centre. Find local updates on Hydro Ottawa's site.
Airport and train details
- If you're flying somewhere or expecting visitors from out of town, here's the link to flight information at the Ottawa Airport.
- You can check for VIA Rail delays here.
Make the most of it
The latest on Twitter