A couple weeks ago Dwayne Brown posted this delicious photo on his blog:
|Fish Friday at the Cat. Photo by Dwayne Brown, used by permission.|
It’s a photo of the fish and chips at the Cheshire Cat Pub in Carp, and ever since I saw that photo I’ve been craving a big plate of battered haddock and crispy fries. I asked our readers on Twitter for their picks for the best fish and chips places in Ottawa, and here are their recommendations, in no particular order:
- Lapointe’s in Bells Corners
- Le Resto in Chelsea
- The Chippy in the Rideau Centre food court
- O’Grady’s Outpost (Tapiola Crescent near Johnston/Albion in the South End). “East Coast Wednesday” is delicious and you can get a cheap Moosehead too.
- The Glen Scottish Pub in Stittsville.
- Merivale Seafood Grill, on Merivale close to the old CJOH building.
- The Whalesbone Oyster House, downtown at 430 Bank Street.
- The Georgetown Pub, on Bank Street in Old Ottawa South. A good place to watch a soccer game too.
- The Pelican Grill on Bank Street (south of Kilborn)
- The Kanata Legion (70 Hines Road, near March Road), serving fish and chips for lunch on Fridays.
Where else? Add your favourite spot in the comments below.