Here’s a list of public places where you can watch Will and Kate get married on Friday morning, April 29.
If you’re hosting an event, send us a note at email@example.com or add your event details to the comments section below.
- 5:00am: Royal Wedding Breakfast at the Chateau Laurier, sponsored by the University of Ottawa Monarchists. Information: Philippe Chartrand, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5:30am: The Royal Oak at 180 Kent St. will be hosting a breakfast on Friday April 29 at 5:30am. Reservations are suggested, call the pub at 613-422-8269.
5:45am: The Cheshire Cat Pub in Carp hosts an English Wedding Buffet Breakfast with Mimosas and Caesars. Tickets $16 each. The wedding will be shown on a 7-foot tv screen.Cancelled.
- 11:00am: In Prescott, Fort Wellington National Historic Site honours the Royal Wedding by firing a 21-gun salute with 12 historic cannons. Viewing from banks of St Lawrence River. Information: Leslie MacPherson, 613-925-2896.
- 12:00pm: If you’re on Parliament Hill, listen for a special program of wedding music from the Peace Tower bells. Here’s the program planned by the Dominion Carilloneur.
- You can also watch on tv, or live on YouTube
And don’t forget, Will and Kate will be visiting Ottawa later this summer. (See also: What should Will & Kate do when they visit Ottawa?)
Related: Ottawa Wedding Guide