If you’re a downhill ski fan, you have plenty of hills to choose from nearby. We’re also within a day’s drive of some great hills further north in Quebec and the Eastern United States. If you’re a cross-country ski fan, you’ll enjoy the many kilometres of trails within Ottawa’s Greenbelt, Gatineau Park, and along our recreation paths.
- Calabogie Peaks Resort
- Camp Fortune
- Mont Tremblant
- Mont Cascades
- Mont Ste. Marie
- Mount Pakenham
Click on any of the markers above for web sites and directions to local hils. Errors/omissions – please contact us.
Cross Country Skiing
- XCOttawa.ca / Cross-Country Ski Conditions
- Gatineau Park Cross-Country Skiing
- The Greenbelt
Hundreds of kilometres of trails in Ottawa’s Greenbelt are a paradise for cross-country skiiers.
- Cross Country skiing at Mooney’s Bay
Over 5km of groomed trails. Ski rentals and lessons available.
- Kanata Nordic Ski Club
- Orleans Nordik Ski Club
- Nakkertok Nordic
- West Carleton Nordic Ski Club
- XC-Skiing in Ottawa/Gatineau
- How to cross-country ski without a car
A great blog post from Spacing Ottawa with tips on how to get to local cross country ski destinations on the city bus.
- Ontario Parks Ski Report
- Note: Many of the downhill ski locations, listed above, including Camp Fortune, Edelweiss, Vorlage, Mont Tremblant and Mont Cascades, offer cross-country ski trails. You can check each website for details.
More Ottawa ski links
- Canadian Association for Disabled Skiing – National Capital Division
- Canadian Ski Museum
- Gatineau Ski Patrol
- Nordic Skiing Instruction
- Outdoor Ottawa
- Ottawa Ski & Snowboard Show
- RA Ski & Snowboarding Club
- Ride On Top (snowboards)
- SkiAbility Ottawa
- Snowhawks Ski & Snowboard School
- Trailhead (sales & rentals)