|Winter Wonderland by Luicana Nechita. From the OttawaStart Flickr Group.|
- Do you have plans yet for New Year’s Eve? Our Ottawa New Year’s Eve Guide lists several big events happening in Ottawa, including the street party on Sparks Street featuring the Arkells, the Scottish Hogmanay at City Hall, and Rick Chiarelli’s popular Rockin’ New Year’s Eve family event at Ben Franklin Place.
- OC Transpo is free after 8:00pm on New Year’s Eve.
- Don’t drink and drive. Here’s a list of taxis, Responsible Choice, Operation Red Nose, etc.
- On January 1, there’s a polar bear dip at Britannia Beach. It’s officially known as the Sears Great Canadian Chill, and advance registration is required.
- Here’s a list of what’s open and closed on January 1, 2013.
See also: Ottawa Events Guide
If you liked this post, you should subscribe to etcetera, our free email newsletter. Featuring cool Ottawa events, interesting local news and contests and giveaways. Thanks!