(Ottawa) –The Ottawa Police Service Guns and Gangs Unit has charged two males from a Jasmine Crescent shooting investigation from Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016.
At approximately 7:30am, Patrol and Tactical officers attended a unit on the 4th floor of an apartment building in the 1900 block of Jasmine Crescent regarding a shooting complaint. Residents from the third floor had received a single gunshot through their ceiling. No one was injured.
— 1310 NEWS (@1310NEWS) August 2, 2016
Two males were arrested inside the apartment. Guns and Gangs Unit conducted a warrant and have seized a substantial quantity of different types of drugs and $1100 in Canadian currency.
Alexandre McCARRON, 20 of Ottawa, was charged with:
- Discharge a restricted firearm or a prohibited firearm x 1
Michael McLeonard GAYLE, 27 of Ottawa, was charged with:
- Discharge a firearm in a reckless manner x 1
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 x 1
- Possession of schedule II substance x 1
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking x 3
- Possession of a schedule III substance for the purpose of trafficking x 1
- Possession of a schedule IV substance for the purpose of trafficking x 2
This investigation is ongoing, as more people are thought to be involved. No other details can be released.
McCARRON, and GAYLE will be in show cause court Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to call Ottawa Police’s Guns and Gangs Unit at 613-236-1222, ext. 5050. Anonymous tips can be submitted by calling Crime Stoppers toll-free at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or by downloading the Ottawa Police app.