An AC/DC concert taking place this evening at Lansdowne will result in large crowds. Concert goers are encouraged to cycle, walk, take public transit or use the shuttle bus service as an alternative to driving. On-site parking will not be available for purchase at the gate on concert night.
There are several ways to get to and from Lansdowne:
- Your concert ticket allows you to ride any OC Transpo or STO bus for free starting at 4 p.m. and continuing for three hours after the concert ends. Don’t forget to keep your ticket for the free ride after the concert.
- Freeparking and direct transit service from eight OC Transpo Park & Ride lots.
- Freeparking at the R.A. Centre where customers can take transit at nearby Billings Bridge Station.
- Free shuttle service is available from Park & Shuttle locations directly to TD Place. Park & Shuttle locations include City Hall(110 Laurier Avenue West) and Canada Post (Heron and Riverside). Please note that free parking at City Hall and Canada Post starts at 5 p.m. The shuttle service will stop 90 minutes after the end of the concert.
- For more information on Park & Shuttle lot locations and scheduled departure times, visit OC Transpo’s website.
Cycling and walking
- Use the scenic, multi-use pathways along the Rideau Canal to get to TD Place, and then take advantage of free Valet Bike Parking service located east of the Aberdeen Pavilion. Visit ottawa.ca for a map of cycling routes.
Concert goers are advised that on-site parking is only available for pre-purchase online. Parking is not available for purchase at the gate on concert night.
There is always plenty to do at Lansdowne and residents are encouraged to come early and enjoy the various shops and restaurants.
Follow @ottawacity on Twitter to get updates leading up to and during the event. If you are taking part in any activities that involve alcohol while at Lansdowne, you are reminded not to drink and drive and to plan your trip home in advance.