Traffic Conditions in Ottawa
Compared to many big cities, Ottawa is still an easy place to get around. Traffic is heavy during rush hours -- and after a Senators game in Kanata -- but overall traffic flows well. Plus, we have a good public transit system, and a vast network of bike paths, so it's easy to leave the car at home and avoid the congestion altogether.
- Ottawa Carspotting Collecting photos videos of hot cars, old cars, new cars, nice cars. Featuring submissions from car buffs around Ottawa and Gatineau.
- OttawaCarPool.ca Post your ride request, or offer up that extra seat in your car to someone who needs it!
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month. Click here to add your Featured Listing...
- Gas Prices in Ottawa
A list of the best and worst gas prices in the Ottawa-Gatineau region. Provided by GasBuddy.com
A live feed of traffic conditions from a variety of sources.
- Ottawa Traffic Cams
Live video feeds of traffic hot spots around Ottawa.
417 interactive map
This interactive map from the Province of Ontario shows traffic problems and roadwork along Highway 417 aka The Queensway.
road work and street closures
A list of major road closures and detours happening in Ottawa this week. You can find lots of information, including smaller disruptions and an interactive traffic map too.
- Ottawa Student Transportation
The OSTA looks after school bus transportation for the major school baords in Ottawa. This is the place to look for the latest on school bus cancellations due to bad weather.
- Ottawa Maps Guide
A huge variety of local maps to help you get around.
- City of Ottawa SNOWLINE: 580-2460 (for updates about snow clearing and when you can and can't park your car on city streets)
Ontario Road Conditions
An interactive map showing road conditions (including construction and weather) on major highways in our area. There's also a text-only report.
See also: Traveller's info for Ontario
- Ontario highway updates via Twitter, listing unscheduled road
closures and events for Ontario provincial highways
@_mto (all provincial highways)
- U.S. Border waiting
times (to get into the U.S.)
Updated regularly by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Closest crossings to Ottawa are Ogdensburg (via Prescott), Alexandria Bay (via Thousand Islands), Massena (via Cornwall).
Border waiting times (to get back into Canada)
Updated regularly by the Canadian Border Services Agency. Wait times are also available via Twitter for select crossings. Here are the feeds for the Thousand Islands Bridge and Cornwall.
Also known as the Veterans Memorial Highway, this 80km roadway connects Ottawa with Highway 401.
The latest on Twitter