(Via City of Ottawa)
Ottawa – The following planned road work and associated traffic impacts are scheduled to begin next week:
- Prince of Wales Drive – Beginning this Sunday, June 11 at 7 p.m. the northbound lanes of Prince of Wales Drive will be closed nightly between Strandherd Drive and Fallowfield Road. The nightly closure will take place from Sunday night to Friday morning of each week, between the hours of 7 p.m. and 5 a.m., until late July. However, please note that there will be an additional closure the night of Friday, June 16. Signed detours will be in place for motorist and cyclists.
- Waterbridge Drive – The west side of the intersection of Waterbridge Drive and Prince of Wales Drive will be closed for one week beginning on Sunday, June 11 at 7 p.m., for roadwork and intersection modifications. Traffic at this intersection of Prince of Wales Drive will be maintained through this work.
- Fifth Avenue – The eastbound lane and cycle lane on Fifth Avenue will be closed, from O’Connor Street to Queen Elizabeth Drive, beginning on Monday, June 12 at 9 a.m. until Wednesday, June 15 at 5 p.m. for construction work. Signed detours will be in place for motorists and cyclists heading east. Pedestrian access will be maintained, as well as access to Fire Station No. 12 and the daycare centre on that section of Fifth Avenue.
- Blair Station pedestrian overpass – The pedestrian overpass linking Blair Station to Telesat Court will be closed from Saturday, June 10 at 7 a.m. to Monday, June 12 at 5 a.m. to facilitate planned maintenance on the overpass. OC Transpo shuttles will provide service linking Blair Station to Telesat Court every 5 minutes between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, with service every 10 to 15 minutes at all other times during the closure.
In addition, traffic impacts will occur as a result of these upcoming special events:
- Montreal Road will be closed, between Olmstead Street and Lajoie Street, on Saturday, June 10 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the Mozaik celebration in Vanier.
- Centrum Boulevard, between Brisebois Crescent and Prestone Drive, will be closed from 11 a.m. on Friday, June 9 until 11 a.m. on Sunday, June 12 as part of the Orleans Craft Beer Festival.
- This Sunday, the Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway, Colonel By Drive and Sir George-Étienne Cartier Parkway will be closed to motorists between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. as part of NOKIA Sunday Bike Days.
Using transit to get to and from these events is a great idea to travel hassle-free and OC Transpo’s Travel Planner can help you find the best route to your destination.
For more updates on the construction and road work activity happening across the city, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s Traffic Report on ottawa.ca or follow our traffic account on Twitter.