On the evening of Wednesday, September 16, the intersection of Greenbank Road and Baseline Road will be impacted by construction. Westbound left turns, northbound left turns and southbound left turns will be prohibited during construction. The intersection is expected to fully re-open at 6 a.m. on Thursday, September 17.
Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians are advised to avoid the area during construction. Please plan your commute ahead and use alternate routes where possible. Travel through the intersection will be controlled by the Ottawa Police Service.
Work is required to reinstate the asphalt road surface in the intersection of Greenbank Road and Baseline Road.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real-time construction and traffic information
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining city-wide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cameras throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
The sewer replacement in the intersection of Greenbank Road and Baseline Road is an Ottawa on the Moveproject. Ottawa on the Move is about keeping our community and economy moving forward through strategic investments in a number of transportation, water, and sewer projects to build a better city and create jobs.