|Sun kissed day near the Chateau Laurier. Photo by Kevin Hua.|
- Environment Canada is forecasting some very hot weather over the next few days. Highs: Friday 34, Saturday 35, Sunday 32, Monday 30, Tuesday 31, Wednesday 31. (Forecast as of 8:00am on Friday.)
- All-time Ottawa record highs according to Environment Canada:
July 13: 34.7 (1995)
July 14: 35.3 (1995)
July 15: 33.3 (1969)
July 16: 33.9 (1968)
July 17: 34.4 (1953)
- There’s a 30% chance of rain on each of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, and a 60% chance of rain on Wednesday. According to the Ottawa Citizen, only 1.5mm of rain has fallen in the past 17 days.
- Ottawa’s Medical Officer of Health has issued a heat advisory, because the humidex will be greater than 36 for the next several days. Environment Canada has a special advisory re: “sultry summer heat”.
- There’s a smoky smell in Ottawa this morning from the brush fire near Richmond Road / Hope Side Road. One of our Barrhaven readers reported that her smoke detector went off because of the smoke coming into her house. Here’s some info from Ottawa Public Health about how the smoke could affect your health.
- If you don’t have air conditioning at home, check out our list of free (or low-cost) places in Ottawa with air conditioning.
- Ottawa Fire is reminding residents about fire safety. For example, don’t throw lit cigarettes into the grass.
See also: Ottawa Weather Guide
If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to our blog via email, Twitter, Facebook or RSS. Thank you.