Ottawa – The City of Ottawa reminds residents of the following schedule changes for the Thanksgiving Day holiday on Monday, October 10.
· Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, October 11.
· The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, October 11.
· The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Garbage, green bin and recycling:
· There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or leaf and yard waste collection on Thanksgiving Day. Thanksgiving Day’s pickup will take place on Tuesday, October 11. In addition, the collection of garbage, green bin, leaf and yard waste and recycling materials will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week of October 10. For curbside collection inquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
· There will be no multi-residential, bulky items, green bin, recycling and leaf and yard waste collection on Thanksgiving Day. Thanksgiving Day’s pickup will take place on Tuesday, October 11. Multi-residential, bulky items, green bin, recycling and leaf and yard waste recycling collection will also be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of October 10.
· The Trail Waste Facility will be closed.
· All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
· OC Transpo will operate a Sunday schedule and the DayPass will be valid as a Family DayPass. A family or group may travel all day with a DayPass which can be purchased for $8.50 from the bus operator when you board. A family/group can include up to six people with a maximum of two individuals aged 13 or older. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for real-time schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
· The Rideau OC Transpo Customer Service Centre will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. All other OC Transpo Customer Service Centres will be closed.
· The OC Transpo Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· The OC Transpo Customer Relations Office (613-842-3600) will be closed.
· Para Transpo will operate on a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled. Customers may book trips by calling 613-244-7272 on or after Monday, October 3.
· Para Transpo operations:
o Customer service (613-842-3681) – closed
o Administration (613-244-1289) – closed
o Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – closed
o Reservations line (613-244-7272) – open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
o Trip cancellation and general inquiries (613-244-4636) – open 6 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.
· Some pools, arenas and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, aquafitness, public skating and fitness schedules with modified schedules. Please check ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
· Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health:
· The latest Food Premises and Personal Service Settings (tattoo and body piercing studios, hairdressing and barbershops, nail salons, electrolysis and various other services) public health inspection reports are available online 24/7.
· Site program – Site office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed; however, the site mobile van will operate on a regular schedule from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
· The Ottawa Public Health Information Line will be closed; however, you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to within one business day. You can also connect with us online for the latest health information on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and OttawaPublicHealth.ca
· City of Ottawa Archives, arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed; however, clients should check ottawa.ca or their facility to confirm, as some exceptions may apply.
· Cumberland Heritage Village Museum will be open on Saturday, October 8 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, it will be closed to the public on Sunday, October 9, as the site is rented out to the organizers of the Fall Colours Marathon. The museum will also be closed on Monday, October 10.
· The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed.
· All Municipal Child Care Centres will be closed.
Ottawa Public Library:
· All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. Regular hours will resume on Tuesday, October 11.