Tenth Line Road will be closed between Southfield Way and Harvest Valley Avenue starting Monday, May 2 to accommodate construction related to a private development in the area. The work is expected to be completed by Friday, May 13.
A signed detour will be in place. To bypass the closure, motorists can use Brian Coburn Boulevard, Mer-Bleue Road and Wall Road in both directions. For the duration of the closure, Ottawa Police have been contracted to operate the intersection of Mer-Bleue Road and Brian Coburn Boulevard during the afternoon peak period on weekdays.
Pedestrian access and access to adjacent dwellings and businesses will be maintained at all times throughout the construction period.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real-time construction and traffic information
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining city-wide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit customers can plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cameras throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
This work is an Ottawa on the Move project. Ottawa on the Move is about keeping our community and economy moving forward through strategic investments in a number of transportation, water, and sewer projects to build a better city and create jobs.