A section of the O-Train Trillium Line multi-use pathway between Young Street and Carling Avenue will be temporarily closed during the weekdays from April 25 until June 10. The multi-use pathway will reopen each weekend, from Friday at 6 p.m. until Monday at 6 a.m. The temporary closure is required to complete the final landscaping and paving work.
During the closure, the public is reminded to follow signed detours. Cyclists will be detoured to Carling Avenue to Champagne Avenue to Young Street. Pedestrians will be detoured to Carling Avenue to Preston Street to Young Street. During construction, cyclists and pedestrians will still be able to access the Hickory Street Bridge and Adeline Street.
With all of the construction-related activities underway, residents are encouraged to be flexible with commuting times, stagger work hours or use alternative means for travel. The public is asked to consider options such as transit, walking, cycling or carpooling.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real time construction and traffic information
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cameras throughout the city
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
For current information about traffic and construction around the city, visit ottawa.ca.