This Thursday, eight new speakers will share their unique ‘idea’s worth spreading’ at TEDxKanata’s 2016 edition, taking place at the Brookstreet Hotel.
Following a successful and motivational inaugural event, the second annual series of talks promises industry trailblazers who have overcome obstacles and continually challenge the status quo.
Last year’s event was described as “a fantastic evening filled with insight, creativity and eye-opening views” by an attendee.
“The Kanata community is full of vibrant entrepreneurs and risk-takers,” said Jenna Sudds, TEDxKanata’s Curator. “We can’t wait to hear these eight stories that will surely ignite conversation and inspire change.”
The ‘Breaking Barriers’ speaker lineup includes:
- Bruce Linton, CEO of Martello Technologies and CEO and co-founder of Canopy Growth;
- Alex Munter, President and CEO of CHEO;
- Sheema Khan, patent agent and Globe and Mail columnist;
- Dr. Kathy Kortes-Miller, Palliative Care Division Lead at Lakehead University’s Centre for Education and Research on Aging and Health;
- Doug Smith, best-selling author and motivational speaker;
- Craig Gauthier, Founder and President of Strategy Line;
- Justina Antonia, high fashion designer and fashion columnist; and
- Dr. Andrew Pelling, Director of the University of Ottawa’s Laboratory for Biophysical Manipulation and TED2016 Fellow.
Date: March 31st, 2016
Location: The Brookstreet Hotel (525 Legget Drive, Kanata, ON)
Time: 3:30pm – 9pm
Note: The event is invite-only and has been capped at 250 attendees who were pre-selected by the TEDxKanata committee. All attending media must confirm with Jennifer Stewart at JStewart@syntaxstrategic.ca