Ottawa Swimming Guide
Ottawa has four major public beaches that are open in the summer: Mooney's Bay, Britannia Beach, Westboro Beach, and Petrie Island. Add to that more than 50 wading pools and 9 outdoor public pools -- and there are plenty of ways to keep cool. When winter arrives, you can head inside to one of the 20 public swimming complexes. (And that's not even counting all of the facilities on the Gatineau side!)
- Ottawa Gymnastics Centre
Our mission is to inspire enthusiasm for and lifelong involvement in gymnastics by providing positive and diverse programs. Whether you're interested in recreation or competitive programs, adult drop-in classes, special needs programs, camps, birthday parties or private lessons - OGC is the Place to Be! Check us out at www.ottawagymnasticscentre.ca
- Studio X Ottawa Inc.
Studio X Ottawa Inc. is your "one stop" eclectic dance, fitness and space rental centre! We offer eclectic range of dance classes and Fitness Classes Ottawa to children, adults and older adults. We also rent the space to teach, practice, rehearse, have any type of social gatherings or corporate events.
- Tumblers Gymnastics Centre
Tumblers Gymnastics Centre has recreational and competitive gymnastics programs for children of all ages and skill levels. From Kinder classes that teach fundamental movements for children as young as 18 months, to youth recreational and competitive programs, special needs programs and day camps. For more information visit our website www.tumblers.ca
- Nepean Corona Summer Camp
Nepean Corona Summer Camp offers gymnastics instructions, team and field sports, various activities and crafts for boys and girls aged 3 years and up. Every Thursday we embark on a new and exciting field trip. Corona offers specialty camps and summer evening classes on Monday and Wednesday nights.
- Learn to Skate with Minto Skating Club
Learn to skate at Minto. We have certified coaches dedicated to helping you achieve your skating goals. Whether you’re a first time skater, advanced competitor or somewhere in between we have a program for you. Our LEARN TO SKATE PROGRAM (CanSkate) is geared to beginners of all ages. Visit us at www.mintoskatingclub.com/canskate
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month. Click here to add your Featured Listing...
- City of Ottawa pools - Ottawa has 18 public pools, ranging from smaller facilities like the Plant Pool, to larger complexes like the Nepean Sportsplex.
- Kanata Wave Pool (Kanata Leisure Centre)
- Splash (Gloucester Wave Pool)
- YMCA pools (Carlingwood, Metro/downtown and Orleans)
- Soloway JCC
- Carleton University pool
- In Gatineau, there are three main indoor pool complexes: Centre aquatique Paul-Pelletier in Aylmer, Centre aquatique Lucien-Houle in Buckingham, and École polyvalente Le Carrefour in Gatineau. For pool schedules and information, click here.
- City of Ottawa Swimming Lessons
- RA Centre Swimming Lessons
- YMCA Swimming Lessons
- Boys & Girls Club of Ottawa Aquatics
- Soloway JCC
- Making Waves Ottawa (swimming instruction for children with special needs)
- Ottawa has four major beaches with lifeguards, washrooms, and other amenities. Beaches are open from late June to late August each year, with lifeguards on duty from noon until 7:00pm.
- Britannia Beach (2085 Carling)
On the Ottawa river at Britannia Bay.
- Mooney's Bay (2926 Riverside)
On the east shore of the Rideau River just south of Hogs Back.
- Petrie Island (727 Trim Road)
On the Ottawa River in the east end.
- Westboro Beach (745 Ottawa River Parkway)
Located at the Kitchissippi look-out on the Ottawa River.
- Check before you go: Each day in the summer, health officials sample beach water to test for E.coli bacteria. When the bacteria count is too high, the beaches are closed. You can check the latest beach conditions by clicking here.
City of Gatineau Beaches
- There are three public beaches maintained by the City of Gatineau. They're open from June until August each year.
- Parc des Cèdres (Rue Raoul-Roy and Ottawa River)
- Parc du Lac-Beauchamp (745, boul. Maloney Est)
- Parc Mousette (361, boul. de Lucerne)
- You can check out the water safety rating at each of the Gatineau beaches by clicking here.
Gatineau Park Beaches
- The beaches in Gatineau park are some of the nicest (and quietest) in the region, including Meech Lake, Lac Philippe, La Pêche Lake and Lac Leamy (in urban Gatineau).
- For a complete listing of Gatineau Park beaches, including water safety conditions and maps, click here.
- Mont Cascades
Located in Quebec, about 40 minutes north of downtown Ottawa.
Calypso opened in 2010, and features heated water. It's located in Limoges, which is about 40 minutes east of downtown Ottawa.
Wet & Wild Waterpark
(for hotel guests only)
A new water park opening in the west end of Ottawa someday ("not before 2015"), west of Barrhaven near Moodie Drive & Brophy Drive.
Here are some indoor saltwater pools in Ottawa. If you know of any others that we should add to this list, please contact us
- Soloway JCC
The Levitank pool is a 4 lane, 25m Main Pool with a beach-like ramp, therapeutic hot tub, shallow baby pool, slide, water basketball nets and patio lounges.
- Centre Aquatique Paul-Pelletier
A public swimming pool in Aylmer
- The Ottawa Athletic Club
Features an indoor salt water swimming pool for club members.
- The Goodlife Fitness Centre at 1200 St. Laurent Blvd has a salt water pool, 22 metres long and 5 feet deep.
- There's a salt water pool in Amberwood in Stittsville. Available to members only.
- Several hotels have salt water pools for guests, including the The Chateau Laurier, The Westin Hotel, Minto Place Suite Hotel, The Delta and Best Western Baron Hotel in Bells Corners. You can find them listed on our Ottawa Hotels Guide...
- Ottawa has over 50 public wading pools, open free for kids during the summer from the end of June to the end of August. For a complete listing of wading pools, click here.
- There are also nine public outdoor pools open in the
summer. For a complete list,
- Ottawa also maintains numerous splash pads (outdoor water parks) for kids all summer long. For a complete list, click here. Splash pads open May 16, 2014.
- RA Centre Outdoor Pool
- In Gatineau, there are at least seven public outdoor pools. For a complete list, click here. Access to the city's outdoor pools is free.
- Gatineau also has several outdoor wading
pools and water
- Arctic Spas
- Exteriors By Design
- H20 Pool and Spas
- Mermaid Pools
- Ottawa Hot Tub Rentals
- Ottawa Professional Pool & Landscape
- Ottawa Solar Power (pool heating)
- Pool Sharks
- OttawaStart Blog: Swimming
- Summer water safety tips
- Helluva.ca (rescue / lifeguards)
- Ottawa Life Saving
in Ottawa South
Information about places to swim in Ottawa South, including the Carleton University pool, the Ottawa Tennis & Lawn Bowling Club, the Windsor Park Wading Pool, the RA Centre, and the Brewer Pool.
Swimming, Diving and Synchro Clubs
The latest on Twitter