Strawberry Season. Big, beautiful, juicy strawberries wherever you look. Photo by Lydia Bociurkiw.
Ottawa Strawberry Guide
Ottawa is surrounded by farmland, and many of the farms offer pick-your-own berry facilities. Strawberry season in Ottawa usually starts in late June or early July. Always call first to make sure berries are in season!
- Jane Elizabeth's Allergy Safe Foods
Jane Elizabeth's Allergy Safe Foods is an Ottawa-based enterprise committed to finding and creating good-tasting and allergy-safe foods. Baking is done by hand and overseen by the mother of a food allergic child. The allergen control policy of suppliers is researched before ingredients are included. An organic option is offered when possible.
DINNER. TIME. Now you can have both! At SupperWorks, we take the work out of supper. We create delicious recipes, do the shopping, the washing, the chopping and the clean-up! You prepare delicious, wholesome meals without the hassle, and without the mess! In less than 2 hours, you can prepare up to 12 freezable family-sized entrees, with each entrée serving 4-6 people.
SupperWorks Nepean: 15 Capella Court Unit 127, 613-695-5151.
- Ottawa Farmers' Markets
A big listing of markets in Ottawa and the surrounding areas. Byward, Parkdale, Brewer Park, Westboro, Sparks ... and even a parking lot in suburban Kanata, we've got 'em all here.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for just $15/month.
Click here to add your Featured Listing...
Map is courtesy of the Eastern
Ontario Berry Growers Association.
PLEASE NOTE: Please call farms to confirm hours of operation - see listings below.
- Strawberry season in Ottawa usually starts in late June or early July. Check with your local grower for details, and always call first to make sure berries are in season. One local pick-your-own farm that we talked to recently says they'll be opening around June 20 this year.
- Berries are best picked when the temperature is not too hot — early morning or in the evening. A cloudy day is also great. Look for plump, bright red and fully ripe berries.
- Strawberries do not ripen after they are picked so avoid choosing berries with white or green spots. The size of strawberries is not important. All berries are equally sweet and juicy.
- Search by City
- Canaan Connexion Pick Your Own
- Eastern Ontario Berry Growers Association (includes a list of nearly 30 farms in Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec)
- Ontario Berry Growers Association
- Local berries, beef, cheese and eggs: oh my!
Savour Ottawa is encouraging locals and visitors alike to make local products a part of their summer menus
- Canaan Blueberries
- Dekok Berry Farm
- Hugli's Blueberry Ranch
- McGregor Produce
- Proulx Farm
- Shouldice Farms