Strawberry Season. Big, beautiful, juicy strawberries wherever you look. Photo by Lydia Bociurkiw.
Ottawa Strawberry Guide
Ottawa is surrounded by farmland, and many of the farms offer pick-your-own berry facilities. Strawberry season in Ottawa usually starts in late June or early July. Always call first to make sure berries are in season!
- Jane Elizabeth's Allergy Safe Foods
Jane Elizabeth's Allergy Safe Foods is an Ottawa-based enterprise committed to finding and creating good-tasting and allergy-safe foods. Baking is done by hand and overseen by the mother of a food allergic child. The allergen control policy of suppliers is researched before ingredients are included. An organic option is offered when possible.
Menu.ca provides the tools and technology a restaurant needs to succeed and grow - offering a complete online ordering system along with internet marketing services that help build customer loyalty, maximize brand power, and increase revenue. Menu.ca: 1338 Wellington Street West, Unit 200 Ottawa, ON, Canada K1Y 3B7, 613-663-6846, email@example.com
- Ottawa Farmers' Markets
A big listing of markets in Ottawa and the surrounding areas. Byward, Parkdale, Brewer Park, Westboro, Sparks ... and even a parking lot in suburban Kanata, we've got 'em all here.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for just $15/month.
Click here to add your Featured Listing...
- Strawberry season in Ottawa usually starts in late June or early July. Check with your local grower for details, and always call first to make sure berries are in season. One local pick-your-own farm that we talked to recently says they'll be opening around June 20 this year.
- Berries are best picked when the temperature is not too hot — early morning or in the evening. A cloudy day is also great. Look for plump, bright red and fully ripe berries.
- Strawberries do not ripen after they are picked so avoid choosing berries with white or green spots. The size of strawberries is not important. All berries are equally sweet and juicy.
- Ontario Berry Growers Association
- Acorn Creek Garden Farm
- Avonmore Berry Farm
- Beckwith Berries
- Bleuetière Hector Dignard & Fils (blueberries)
- Canaan Blueberries
- Dekok Berry Farm
- Fraisière Duquette Strawberries
- Hugli's Blueberry Ranch
- Jardin Rochon Garden
- McGregor Produce
- Ovens Berry Farm
- Proulx Farm
- Richmond Nursery
- Rideau Pines Farm
- Shouldice Farms
The latest on Twitter