Strawberry Season. Big, beautiful, juicy strawberries wherever you look. Photo by Lydia Bociurkiw.
List of pick-your-own strawberry farms in Ottawa (2014)
Ottawa is surrounded by farmland, and many of the farms offer pick-your-own berry facilities. Strawberry season in Ottawa usually starts in late June or early July. Always call first to make sure berries are in season!
- Jane Elizabeth's Allergy Safe Foods
Jane Elizabeth's Allergy Safe Foods is an Ottawa-based enterprise committed to finding and creating good-tasting and allergy-safe foods. Baking is done by hand and overseen by the mother of a food allergic child. The allergen control policy of suppliers is researched before ingredients are included. An organic option is offered when possible.
- Herb & Spice Food Shop – 375 Bank Street
Herb & Spice Food Shop in Centretown has everything you need for healthy living, from everyday staples to specialty items! Featuring fresh organic produce, vegan/vegetarian options, raw foods, gluten-free, a large bulk selection, culinary and medicinal herbs, eco-friendly household supplies and more. Open ‘til 9 every night!
- Silver Platter Catering Ltd.
You Special Occasion, Your Customized Menu. Our Service. Silver Platter Catering Ltd. is located in Kanata and focuses on all of our clients' catering needs from BUSINESS to PERSONAL PARTIES/EVENTS. Our exceptional service and phenomenal foods features WORLD Cuisine. CALL TEENY Today 613-867-1623 to start YOUR Special Catering Service!
- Chilly Chiles
Are you a Hothead or maybe you just like a little bit of spice? Chilly Chiles has over 800 different Hot Sauces. From mild to insane, the largest selection in Canada! We also have over 70 hard to find BBQ Sauces and many more Condiments Spices, Rubs etc.
- Chef Carlton Catering
Caterer of fine Caribbean cuisine we cater to any event. Chef Carlton has over 20 years of culinary experience in international and Caribbean cuisine. We pride ourselves in delivering the best quality in food and service. We specialize in corporate events, outdoor BBQ, dinner parties & receptions.
- October 4, 2014: Whisky Ottawa
Whisky Ottawa is that can’t miss event. Meet all of the Whiskey family, Whiskey, Rye, Scotch and Bourbons. The festival will offer you the opportunity to taste whiskeys from around the world. Learn how to create whisky cocktails and take a Master Class. Over 70 whiskies to sample
- Ottawa Farmers' Markets
A big listing of markets in Ottawa and the surrounding areas. Byward, Parkdale, Brewer Park, Westboro, Sparks ... and even a parking lot in suburban Kanata, we've got 'em all here.
- OttawaStart Apple Guide
A list of pick-your-own apple orchards around the Ottawa area. Apple season in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec usually runs between late August and mid-October. All of these locations are within about an hour from Ottawa.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month.
Click here to add your Featured Listing...
- Strawberry season in Ottawa usually starts in late June or early July. Check with your local grower for details, and always call first to make sure berries are in season.
- Berries are best picked when the temperature is not too hot — early morning or in the evening. A cloudy day is also great. Look for plump, bright red and fully ripe berries.
- Strawberries do not ripen after they are picked so avoid choosing berries with white or green spots. The size of strawberries is not important. All berries are equally sweet and juicy.
- Ontario Berry Growers Association
- Acorn Creek Garden Farm
- Avonmore Berry Farm
- Beckwith Berries
- Bleuetière Hector Dignard & Fils (blueberries)
- Canaan Blueberries
- Dekok Berry Farm
- Fraisière Duquette Strawberries
- Hugli's Blueberry Ranch
- Jardin Rochon Garden
- McGregor Produce
- Ovens Berry Farm
- Proulx Farm
- Richmond Nursery
- Rideau Pines Farm
- Shouldice Farms
The latest on Twitter