What's open and closed in Ottawa on Easter Weekend, March 29 - April 1, 2013
News Posted by OttawaStart on March 30, 2013
Here's what's open and closed on Easter Weekend, March 29-April 1 in Ottawa. Good Friday this year is on Friday, March 29. It's a statutory holiday in Canada so just about all businesses are closed. Monday, April 1 is a holiday for pretty much all government employees and some private sector employees. To add to this list (or make a correction) please email email@example.com
Shopping & attractions
- Most grocery stores, shopping malls and retail outlets are closed on Friday and Sunday, but open on Monday. (Tip: if you need some last minute groceries, some Shoppers Drug Mart stores open on the holidays and many of them have a big food section.)
- Meanwhile, in Gatineau, most stores and malls (like Les Promenades de l'Outaouais and les Galleries de Hull) are open on Good Friday, closed on Easter Sunday, and open again on Monday.
- The Byward Market is open all weekend - including Friday and Sunday.
- Beer stores are closed on Friday and Sunday. All LCBO stores are closed on Friday and Sunday, and some are open on Monday. Over in Quebec, SAQ outlets are open on Friday and Saturday, some are open on Sunday, and most are open on Monday.
- Some Tim Hortons are open on Friday and Sunday, some are not. Hit & miss.
- Many restaurants are open all weekend. (Call first and check!)
- The annual Carp Easter Market is on Saturday morning.
- Banks are closed on Friday and open on Monday.
- Most National Museums are open all weekend (visit their web sites to confirm times). The National Art Gallery is closed on Good Friday.
- See more events this weekend on the OttawaStart Weekly Event Round-Up...
- Movie theatres are open.
- Most City of Ottawa services are closed on Friday and Monday, including client service centres and libraries. More info...
- The City of Ottawa's 3-1-1 service is open for urgent matters requiring the City's immediate attention.
- Garbage & recycling: No garbage collection on Friday or Monday. Good Friday’s pick-up will take place on Saturday, March 30 and Easter Monday’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, April 2. The collection of green bin, garbage and recycling materials will be delayed by one day for the week of April 1.
- OC Transpo: Buses operate on a Sunday schedule on Good Friday. On Monday, all school routes are cancelled and there will be some route reductions to the regular weekday schedule. All OC Transpo sales centres are closed on Friday and Monday, except for the Rideau Centre which is open on Monday.
- In Gatineau, STO is operating a Saturday schedule on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- Many City of Ottawa recreation centres are open all weekend (pools, fitness centres, arenas), call ahead or check ottawa.ca for info.
- Service Ontario kiosks are closed on Friday and Monday
- Federal Government offices are closed on Friday and Monday.
- Public & Catholic school boards are closed Friday and Monday.
- More scheduling changes from the City of Ottawa...
To add to this list (or make a correction) please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The latest community news headlines
Search our news archive
Subscribe to OttawaStart Community News
The latest on Twitter