Katherine from HeartFelt recently published this great list of local gift ideas (republished here with her kind permission):
- Cha Yi – Maison de thé (downtown Gatineau) – $20 gift certificate for an “Animated comparative tasting: Exploration of about ten varieties of tea along a theme of your own choice, tasting and appreciating tea from a visual, olfactory and gustative perspective.”
- Passport to Prana – $20 – The Gift of Yoga – With over 18 yoga studios to visit (passport allows holder one visit to each studio) in Ottawa and beyond (Almonte, Kemptville, Carp) this is a great stocking stuffer for the new yogini! Good for one full year!
- 2012 Empowerment Totem – $45 – Twenty-minute phone consultation to determine which animal totem wants to reveal itself and represent your family member or friend’s spirit, nature, true self, essence, higher self or inner being for the new year. From Julie Desmarais – Holographic Energy Practitioner ( 613-688-1717 , 1-877-325-8543 , firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Friend of the Gatineau Park Membership – $15 – Benefits of membership include discounts, priority registration for public activities, and member only-events. They have a great annual line up of events that include their popular Frog Chorus evening in early spring and their Wolf Howl Gathering in the fall!
- Frankendie (Kickstart Investment) – from $5 to $70 or more – For the Game Lover in your life… the opportunity to be a ground level investor in a new game being designed here in Ottawa. $70 investment gets you 2 Frankendie games once they are manufactured and 2 t-shirts!
- Spring Garden Planner – City of Ottawa Course – $20 – Learn how to work to a manageable schedule of spring cleanup and garden preparation. Dempsey C.C. (1895 Russell Road) – 613-247-4846 , Saturday 10 am-noon, January 21, 2012, Course # 679970
- Ottawa Biplane Ride – $66 per person – From the website: “Feel the wind in your hair and experience aviation as it was in the 1930s! This ride provides an introduction to flying at its best – in a vintage open-cockpit biplane.” From Rockcliffe Field Airbase.
You should also check out her list of Ottawa etsy gift ideas. It might be too late to get them shipped, but you could try contacting the seller to arrange a in-person pick-up.
See also: Ottawa Shopping Guide
If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to our blog via email, Twitter, Facebook or RSS. Thank you.