If you think garage sales are just a springtime thing, you would be wrong. Here are some upcoming fall garage sales around the city:
- If you’re in Centretown on Friday night, check out the Evening Garage Sale at 509 Bay Street, 7pm-11pm. “There will be plenty of old vintage/ retro treasures with a dash of teak and mid-century and of course books, lamps, chairs, rocks, lettuce, records, knick knacks AND paddywhacks.”
- This Saturday, September 10 there’s a neighbourhood garage sale in Sandy Hill from 9am to 1pm. Great idea for University of Ottawa students to do some home decorating on the cheap. (Our friend Laura Nicol suggests you find the Cupcakes for Charity table raising money for Easter Seals.)
- Also this Saturday, Odyssey Theatre is holding their annual garage sale at 370 Chapel Street. It’s part of the Sandy Hill sale, with all proceeds from this event will go to supporting Odyssey Theatre’s future productions and programs.
- This weekend there’s are street sales on Langevin Street (off Beachwood), Fraser Street (McKellar Park area), Hamlet Road (near St. Laurent), and Slade Crescent (Kanata Lakes).
- The annual PunkOttawa.com Fall Flea Market is on Saturday, September 17 at Bronson Centre (211 Bronson). Proceeds to punkottawa.com and local animal welfare charities.
The Congregation Machzikei Hadas is holding a community garage sale on Sunday from 10am-4pm at 2310 Virginia Drive in Alta Vista.
Also on September 17: The Suzart Costume Sale. “Costumes from all the shows that Suzart has produced are being sold! A great way to find the special Halloween outfit for your kid or the kid in you.”