Starting today, construction work will take place on Greenbank Road just north of West Hunt Club Road. The existing sanitary sewer in this area has reached the end of its service life and must be replaced. The work is planned to continue until September 7.
To minimize traffic impact, from August 5 to 10 and August 24 to 31 the work will only be carried out during off-peak hours, with one lane in each direction kept open. At peak hours, both lanes will be open. From August 10 to 24, work may occur during peak hours but a lane in each direction will always be open.
All turning movements at intersections will be accommodated at all times, and traffic lights will remain in operation.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute, including:
- OttawaNav– the City’s mobile application for real time construction and traffic information
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report– outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Plannerat octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map– showing construction areas and live traffic cams throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling mapsand information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
The sewer replacement on Greenbank Road is an Ottawa on the Move project. Ottawa on the Move is about keeping our community and economy moving forward through strategic investments in a number of transportation, water, and sewer projects to build a better city and create jobs.
For more information about the construction activity happening across the city, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit ottawa.ca