The southbound lanes of Waller Street, between Rideau Street and Besserer Street and between Daly Avenue and the Mackenzie King Bridge, will be closed on Saturday, November 14 starting at 7 a.m. until Sunday, November 15 at 7 p.m. for a tower crane installation at the site of the Ottawa Art Gallery Expansion and Arts Court Redevelopment.
A signed detour will direct traffic traveling southbound on Waller Street, including all vehicles and cyclists, to travel southbound on Dalhousie Street, turn right and travel westbound onto Besserer Street and then left and travel southbound onto Nicholas Street. Those travelling on Waller Street will be directed via Besserer Street eastbound.
The west sidewalk on Waller Street between Rideau Street and Besserer Street will remain open to pedestrians. The west sidewalk on Waller Street between Daly Avenue and Mackenzie King is already closed for the duration of construction, and a signed detour is in place for pedestrians.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real time construction and traffic information
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cameras throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
For current information about traffic and construction around the city, visit ottawa.ca.