|The lady in the Canadian flag dress should see #4 below. Photo by Arne Berg.|
- Members of the Royal Family are called Your Royal Highness initially and Sir/Ma’am as the conversation continues.
- It is up to those meeting members of the Royal Family to choose whether or not they wish to bow/curtsy or simply shake hands. Description of a bow/curtsy for those who choose to make it:
Men: a neck bow – just a little more than a nod of the head;
Women: the right foot is placed behind the left heel, and the knees bent slightly.
- It is quite in order to shake hands if the opportunity presents itself and a member of the Royal Family offers to do so.
- Members of The Royal Family do not wish anyone to be put to unnecessary expense by buying special clothes, hats or gloves.
- There is no requirement for hats to be worn, though it is entirely acceptable to do so. Hats are not normally worn at functions after 6:30 p.m.
- There is no requirement for gloves to be worn. However, if a woman wishes to wear gloves, they need not be white and should not be taken off before the wearer is presented.
- Members of the Royal Family like to eat the food and drink of the country/region visited.
- Will & Kate would probably prefer tea instead of a double double from Timmy’s.