Ottawa – Motorists and cyclists are advised that repair works are nearly complete at the intersection at Rideau Street and Sussex Drive. Today, the intersection of Rideau Street and Sussex Drive partially reopens. At this time Elgin Street northbound will also re-open from Albert to Rideau streets and Wellington Street eastbound will re-open from Elgin to Rideau streets.
Pleased to report that Rideau to Sussex Northbound is now re-opened. Also we aim to re-open Rideau St. 4 Canada Day pic.twitter.com/7yIuL6Tuhz
— Jim Watson (@JimWatsonOttawa) June 26, 2016
Motorists and cyclists may resume travelling east on Rideau Street and turn left (northbound) on Sussex Drive.
Southbound Sussex Drive (from George to Rideau streets) will remain closed to motorists and cyclists as work continues nearby. Colonel By Drive will remain closed northbound, from Daly Avenue to Rideau Street, to motorists and cyclists. Rideau Street between Sussex Drive and Waller Street remains closed as repair works continue.
Pedestrian access is maintained on Rideau Street during business hours. Please follow on-site wayfinding.
Businesses remain open as usual during construction. Drivers, cyclists and pedestrians should visit ottawa.ca for maps and more detailed information to enjoy food, sightseeing, shopping and entertainment in vibrant downtown Ottawa.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real-time construction and traffic information
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining city-wide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cameras throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city