(Pro-tips from craft show aficionado Mel Patterson.)
As we sip our very first pumpkin spice lattes of the fall, another seasonal trend is upon us; the Ottawa craft scene has already begun to ramp up for the holiday season! Hundreds of talented artisans from all over Canada, take part in shows in and around Ottawa on any given weekend between now and the December holiday season to showcase their truly unique, one-of-a-kind, handmade wares.
To ensure the best possible craft fair experience here are a couple pro-tips to take under advisement before heading out:
- Be sure to get to these shows early (i.e. before they open!) as some of them hand out swag bags that are to be coveted!
- Bring a bottle of water. Craft fair shopping is hard work!
- Bring a reusable bag to carry all your awesome finds.
- If you’re bringing your wee one and are comfortable with babywearing do that instead of bringing a stroller. The shows are usually packed and a stroller often becomes more hassle than a help.
- Bring smaller denominations of money if possible. Also, don’t forget that many vendors (but not all) can now take credit cards!
- Bring your rockin’ attitude & patience. Everyone is there to have a great time!
December 13-14: 1st Annual Last Minute Christmas Craft Show
Are you looking for unique hand made gifts and worried that you’ve missed your chance to get them? Don’t settle for cookie-cutter gifts again this Holiday season! Come to the 1st Annual Last Minute Christmas Craft show presented by the Capital Artisans Guild. The event features 40 of the area’s best artisans offering unique and beautiful hand made items. The show takes place on December 13 and 14 at St. Patrick’s High School, 2525 Alta Vista Drive, Ottawa.
More local craft shows
| Saturday, August 8|
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
| Art in Strathcona Park |
Strathcona Park, Ottawa Ontario
| Wednesday, August 12|
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
| FASHION SHOW AT THE GOOD COMPANIONS |
The Good Companions, Ottawa On
| Saturday, August 15|
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
| Capital Gaming Expo Garage Sale |
Nepean Sportsplex, Nepean Ontario
| Saturday, August 22 - Sunday, August 23|
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
| Merrickville Antique Artisan Show |
Merrickville Fairgrounds, Merrickville Ontario
| Saturday, September 12 - Sunday, September 13|
| 20th Annual Fibrefest Festival |
Mississippi Valley Textile Museum, Almonte Ontario
| Sunday, September 20|
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
| ARTISAN a fair/une foire |
Shenkman Arts Center, Ottawa Ontario
| Saturday, September 26 - Sunday, September 27|
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
| Gem & Mineral Show |
Nepean Sportsplex, Ottawa Ontario
| Friday, October 9 - Sunday, October 11|
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
| Expressions of Art fall exhibition & sale |
Carp Agricultural Hall, Carp Fairgrounds, Carp ON