(Ottawa) – The Ottawa Police Service Organized Fraud Section has charged eight people involved in an organized fraud scheme.
The seven adults and one young offender are believed to belong to a criminal organization of “short change scammers” that have been targeting retail stores in the Ottawa area. They use “sleight of hand” tactics to confuse and subsequently short-change retailers, often walking away with hundreds of dollars.
The eight have been charged with Fraud, Conspiracy and Possession of proceeds of crime.
* Andrei KVEC, 29 years old (m), Romanian national
* Ion KVEC, 31 years old (m), Romanian national
* Mariora ROSTAS, 27 years old (f), Romanian national
* Simone SAVA, 25 years old (m), Romanian national
* Huliv ROSTAS, 24 years old (m), Romanian national
* Nicolas ROSTAS, 19 years old (m), Romanian national
* A 17 year old young offender (f), from England
Andrei SAVA, a 31 year old male described as a Romanian national, is still outstanding.
Simone SAVA has appeared in court on December 13; the others will appear on December 14.