Ottawa Parades Guide - Ottawa Pride Parade - Sunday, August 24, 2014
Every year Ottawa hosts several parades, including a Santa Claus Parade, a St. Patrick's Day Parade, a Pride Parade, a Labour Day Parade, and more. And it's not just downtown - our suburbs also have traditional seasonal parades.
Featured Events and Entertainment Listings
Do you love jazz and improvised music? Or would you like to expand what you're listening to now to include the variety of great live jazz in Ottawa-Gatineau? Not sure where to start? Extensive event and club listings, interviews, musician links, news, and photos are updated daily by jazz fans with 20+ years experience. If you like live music, whether it's vocal, instrumental, avant-garde, smooth, or standards, check out OttawaJazzScene.ca
- Soul Kisser
Soul Kisser is one of Ottawa's up and coming experimental acts, bringing post rock/shoegazer music to Ottawa's masses, and hopefully beyond, with energy and original songwriting. The result is a medley of effects, rumbling bass/guitar licks, infectious keys and all manner of instrumentation. Soul Kisser songs will capture the imagination and sooth the soul. Featuring Jayson (Bassist/Guitarist/Vocalist) & Adriana (Keyboardist). Otto (Drummer) Roland Juno Di/Line 6 JM4 Looper.
- Brew Donkey Charity Tour Series
A monthly brewery tour supporting local charities - First Sunday of every month, raising find by raising a glass."
- October 18-November 1, 2014: Montreal Artist Presents Exciting New Work in Ottawa
Danièle Lemieux will present a collection of recent paintings in a solo show Food for Thought, at Wallack Galleries, 203 Bank Street, October 18th to November 1. In this exhibition, Lemieux explores the duality concept of sustenance; the feeding of the body and, through art, the feeding of the soul.
- October 23, 2014: 8th Annual Babes4Breasts Concert
A National Benefit Concert fundraising for a variety of Breast Cancer charities. This year's concert will feature Coco Love Alcorn, Scarlett Jane, Jadea Kelly, Laura Cortese, Amanda Rheaume and Ana Miura. At South Minster United Church (15 Alymer Ave), 8:00pm.
- November 6-15, 2014: Phoenix Players present The Dixie Swim Club
Nov. 6-8, 11-15 at 7:30pm; Nov. 8, 9, 15 at 2:30pm
The Gladstone Theatre, 910 Gladstone Avenue
Tickets: Adults $18, Seniors/Students $15. Available online or by phone at 613 233 4523.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month. Click here to add your Featured Listing...
Ottawa Labour Day Parade
- Traditionally held on Labour Day Monday in Ottawa.
- Rain or shine, this year's Labour Day March starts at noon at Ottawa City Hall (Lisgar @ Elgin) at noon, and ends at McNabb Park (Gladstone @ Bronson) where there's a family picnic from 1:00pm-4:30pm, including music, balloons, pony rides, games, face painting, clowns and more. And it's free.
- More info: ottawalabour.org
The latest on Twitter