Ottawa Parades Guide - St. Patrick's Day Parade - Saturday, March 15, 2014
Every year Ottawa hosts several parades, including a Santa Claus Parade, a St. Patrick's Day Parade, a Pride Parade, a Labour Day Parade, and more. And it's not just downtown - our suburbs also have traditional seasonal parades.
Featured Events and Entertainment Listings
Do you love jazz and improvised music? Or would you like to expand what you're listening to now to include the variety of great live jazz in Ottawa-Gatineau? Not sure where to start? Extensive event and club listings, interviews, musician links, news, and photos are updated daily by jazz fans with 20+ years experience. If you like live music, whether it's vocal, instrumental, avant-garde, smooth, or standards, check out OttawaJazzScene.ca
- Soul Kisser
Soul Kisser is one of Ottawa's up and coming experimental acts, bringing post rock/shoegazer music to Ottawa's masses, and hopefully beyond, with energy and original songwriting. The result is a medley of effects, rumbling bass/guitar licks, infectious keys and all manner of instrumentation. Soul Kisser songs will capture the imagination and sooth the soul. Featuring Jayson (Bassist/Guitarist/Vocalist) & Adriana (Keyboardist). Otto (Drummer) Roland Juno Di/Line 6 JM4 Looper.
- April 25, 2014: Crush Improv presents Spotlight On... at Centrepointe Theatre
Crush welcomes special guest Helene Campbell. in 2012 she had a double lung transplant and since then has been very active in promoting the cause for organ donation. The Crush cast will create a series of comedic improvised scenes based on her stories.
May 10, 2014: BLOOM: Mother's Day Edition
MAC FAIR proudly presents "BLOOM: Mother's Day Edition". Saturday, May 10 from 10am-3pm. From original home décor, luscious eco-friendly body products and stunning fashion through to handcrafted jewelry, unique paintings and scrumptous treats, there’s no telling what products you might find! You can also check us out on Facebook.
- May 10, 2014: Brew Donkey's Prince Edward County Day Trip
We are Brew Donkey, a craft beer focused liquor delivery service licensed by the AGCO to deliver all of the craft beer that the Ottawa Region has to offer. This tour will feature a brewery, cidery, distillery, and winery in Prince Edward County as well as breakfast and lunch. Click here for details.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month. Click here to add your Featured Listing...
Ottawa St. Patrick's Day Parade - March 15, 2014
"Defiance" - captured at the 2009 St. Patrick's Day Parade. Photo by Farfando, used by permission.
- This year is the 32nd annual St. Patrick's Day Parade
- It's one of Ottawa's smaller parades but it's still a good time. Each year on a Saturday close to St. Patrick's Day, the Irish Society of the National Capital Region celebrates Irish tradition and heritage.
- 2014 route: The parade will leave the intersection of Laurier Avenue West and Elgin St at 11:00 AM. The parade heads west down Laurier, turns north on Bank Street, then left on Wellington Street. It continues west down Wellington to the Library and Archives Canada building, finishing there around 12:30pm.
- Volunteers along the parade route will collect cash and non-perishable food donations for the Ottawa Food Bank.
- The St. Patrick's parade is part of a larger "Irish Week" festival that runs from March 6-17, 2014.
- Official site: Irish Society of the National Capital Region
- List of road closures during the parade...
Everyone comes out for the St Patrick's Day parade.Photo by Alison MacIvor.
The latest on Twitter