Motorists and cyclists should expect evening lane reductions on Holland Avenue between Byron Avenue and Spencer Street beginning Sunday, April 24. Wellington Street will also be reduced to one lane in each direction at Holland Avenue. The reductions will allow for sewer rehabilitation work, which is expected to be completed by Wednesday, April 27, weather permitting.
The work will take place between 5:30 p.m. and 7 a.m. to reduce impacts to the travelling public. On-street parking will be prohibited on the affected section of Holland Avenue while lane reductions are in effect.
Pedestrian access and access to adjacent dwellings and businesses will be maintained at all times throughout the construction period.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real-time construction and traffic information
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining city-wide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cameras throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
This work is an Ottawa on the Move project. Ottawa on the Move is about keeping our community and economy moving forward through strategic investments in a number of transportation, water, and sewer projects to build a better city and create jobs.