|Inside Invisible Cinema, a great movie rental shop at Lisgar and Bank. Photo by veganbackpacker.|
Last week, reader Darcie Walker asked, “Where to rent foreign films now that DVD stores are closing?” I put the question to our readers and here are some of their suggestions:
- @mayfairtheatre: I’d suggest @invisiblecinema and Elgin St. Video. Plus @opl_bpo — free movies all the time. (note: @opl_bpo = Ottawa Public Libary).
- @alistairsteele: Glebe Video International
- @capcity: Invisible Cinema all the way. Nick (the owner) knows his stuff.
- @lapeluk: Try Nasa Food Centre. They seem to carry a lot of Bollywood movies …
- @kaplanmyrth: Don’t forget Netflix — it has a good foreign film selection. Certainly worth the $8/month.
- @jessrawk: Elgin St. Video
- @luccidor: Tundra Moving Pictures on Sunnyside