Jane’s Walk is a festival of free neighbourhood walking tours that help put people in touch with their city, the things that happen around them, the built environment, the natural environment, and especially with each other. There are dozens of walks planned this weekend in Ottawa and Gatineau. Here are some of our “best of” picks.
Saturday, May 5
- 9:00 AM BIKE TOUR: Riveting Rivers — The evolving role of our waterways in city-building
- 9:30 AM Re-imagining Stittsville Main St.
- 10:00 AM Tour of Charlie Bowins Skateboard Park
- 10:00 AM The New Lansdowne
- 12:00 PM To BIA, or not to BIA? Good Question!
- 1:30 PM LRT and Ottawa Art Gallery Tour
Sunday, May 6
- 9:30 AM Birds and Buildings — Safe Wings Ottawa
- 10:30 AM Uptown Rideau: Main Street Resurgence?
- 10:30 AM Right Side of the Tracks: Station to Station on the Trillium Pathway
- 1:00 PM Places of Significance to Homeless People
- 1:00 PM Prime Ministers Row
- 2:30 PM Architecture of the Chateau Laurier
Bonus: At 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, drop by the NAC atrium for a wrap-up party to debrief and enjoy refreshments.