In 2010 we asked our Twitter followers to choose Ottawa’s best eggrolls. Since that was seven years ago, we decided to revisit that and put it to the tweeting public again — plus other suggestions from social media and comments on our website.
(The runaway winner is always Golden Palace, so we’re excluding it to give the others a chance.)
Along with the 2010 suggestions, here’s an updated list of recommendations, in alphabetical order:
- Charlie Chan (Innes)
- Dragon Fortune Delight (Stonehaven Drive)
- Full Start Chinese Food Takeout (BankStreet)
- Hung Fatt (Montreal Road)
- Ho Ho (Richmond Road)
- Kung Fu Bistro (Carp Road)
- Lucky Dragon Delight (Hazeldean)
- Maple Court Dining Lounge (Kakulu Road)
- My Favourite Chinese Food (St. Joseph Boulevard)
- Rideau Restaurant (Eagleson)
- Ruby Inn (Bank Street)
- Tai Ping (CarlingAvenue)
- Wong’s Palace (Carling)
- Also: List of Ottawa Chinese restaurants from Yellow Pages.
Quite a few on Carling and Bank — which should be Ottawa’s Eggroll Avenue?
Comment below if you have any others to add to the list.
What? Other places make eggrolls? https://t.co/0LSrqGjkzq
— Stu Schwartz (@StuntmanStu) August 3, 2017
Update: Lucky Key was included in the 2010 version of this list but it since closed. It has been removed.