Here’s our a list and map of large-scale Christmas light displays in and around Ottawa, including downtown, Parliament Hill, Taffy Lane and even more in surrounding communities.
The 33rd edition of Christmas Lights Across Canada
- Canada’s Capital Region will be illuminated from December 7, 2017 to January 7, 2018 Hundreds of thousands of lights will be switched on along Confederation Boulevard—as well as on the legislature buildings in every provincial and territorial capital, creating a luminous link with the nation’s capital. More info…
Taffy Lane in Orleans
- This street has a well-deserved reputation across Ottawa as having the best neighbourhood light display. There must be a (Santa) clause in every agreement of purchase and sale that home owners must put up an elaborate light display. map/directions. (See also: Photos of Taffy Lane)
- Belcourt Boulevard in Orleans: There are several houses that are over the top. Only a few minutes away from Taffy Lane, just South of St. Joseph. map/directions
Gift of Lights – Wesley Clover Parks
- Back again for 2017, Gift of Lights is a family-friendly 2 kilometre drive-thru holiday light display featuring a 100+ foot light tunnel at the exit, and over 30 static & animated light displays. In support of the Sens Foundation! Pile everyone in the car and bring them out to see the lights for $20 + HST. Continues to January 6, 2018. More info…
Vintage Village of Lights @ Cumberland Heritage Village Museum
- Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from November 24, 2017 to December 17, 2017, 3 pm to 8 pm
- Step into a holiday tale of your own as you explore seasonal scenes and activities inspired by classic Christmas stories and songs of years past. Take in the 30,000 lights illuminating the Museum, visit with Santa and send a telegram to the North Pole. Let your holiday spirit shine with cookie decorating or a Christmas craft. Singalong to your favourite carol then experience a horse-drawn wagon ride. Feeling chilly? No worries. Warm up by the bonfire and purchase a cup of hot cocoa from the Canteen. There’s magic to share with your family, friends, and loved ones of all ages at the Vintage Village of Lights! Cost: $7.30 for adults, $5.25 for students and seniors, Free for children 5 and under, or $18.80 for a family (two adults and children under 18). More info…
Alight at Night Festival at Upper Canada Village
- Over a one million lights adorn the heritage buildings, trees and fences of Upper Canada Village creating a one-of-a-kind magical backdrop for its annual festival. Open select nights until January 6, 2018. More info…
Christmas Light Map
Can you help? We’re still updating this map for 2017. Some listings on this map are marked “unconfirmed” for 2017. If you’re the owner or neighbour of one of these houses, or if you’ve seen other great Christmas light displays up, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below. Click on any marker for a description, photo, and directions.