|Hung Fatt: “Think I’ll Pass On The Chinese Food Tonight”.
Photo by Jean Labelle.
Ron Eade reported earlier today:
“The Province of Ontario has reviewed and revoked its restaurant business name — Union Local 613 — because folks may confuse it with a non-profit, bona fide labour organization.”
So I wondered, what other restaurants have potentially confusing name. You know, like “Panda Garden” in Kanata, that DOESN’T ACTUALLY SERVE PANDAS! Or the Byward Market bar called “Liquor Store” which is NOT IN FACT AN LCBO OUTLET!
I asked OttawaStart’s Twitter followers if they were confused by any restaurant names. You can see all the responses under the hashtag #confusingottawa. Here are my favourites:
- Paul Coughlan: “I went to The Pump on Elgin to get gas for the car.”
- Russ McDonnell: “Tried to plan brunch at Baker Street Cafe but it got all messed up cuz its actually on Richmond Road”
- Hart Shouldice: Shawarma Palace, while delicious, is disappointingly non-regal.
- Spencer Callaghan: “Boston Pizza is not in Boston at all! I wasted $800 in airfare.”
- Ryan Purchase: “The Rideau Bakery on Bank”
- Katherine: “Flying Piggy’s on bank. I was severely letdown. Lots of pig paraphernalia, no pig cannons ANYWHERE.”
- Paul Coughlan: “I went to Play and thought I’d see some Shakespeare.
What restaurant names confuse you? Please comment below.
See also: Ottawa Food Guide
If you liked this post, you should subscribe to etcetera, our free email newsletter. Featuring cool Ottawa events, interesting local news and contests and giveaways. Thanks!