Instagrammin’ by David Johnson. A young girl on the shoulders of her dad takes a photo with an iPhone of the chaos on Sparks St.
How do you want to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Ottawa? With friends and family? With your kids? A formal black tie event? Dancing and champagne? Here are some suggestion for things to do on New Year’s in Ottawa on December 31, 2015.
Are there fireworks on New Year’s Eve?
- There are no fireworks planned for Parliament Hill.
- There are fireworks at a few places elsewhere:
– Sparks Street New Year’s Eve party
– Lansdowne Park – fireworks as part of Hogmany
– Centrepointe – over in Nepean, city councillor Rick Chiarelli hosts an annual alcohol-free family event at Ben Franklin Place (the old Nepean City Hall) in Centrepointe. The fireworks usually start at 10:00pm so you can get your kids home early for bed.
- OC Transpo bus service is free on New Year’s Eve after 8:00pm
- Here’s a list of what’s open & closed on New Year’s Day, January 1, 2016
New Year’s Eve 2015 Events