The numbers are out.
It may take a keen eye to notice who’s won and who’s lost, or it may not.
While the topline numbers don’t always tell the whole story, they are all we have to digest.
Sometimes the best way to tell who won and lost is how individual stations react to these numbers.
However, not all changes are visible.
Your comments and insights always appreciated.
Some (on the surface) notes:
- Hot 89.9 is the #1 music station (and very strong with Francophones, too)
- Jump 106.9 has seen steady growth!
- Live 88.5 is steady and strong!
- Rebel got off to a decent start: 1.2
- 1310 News may have seen a small bump
- CHEZ, Kiss and Boom 99.7, too
- CFRA has taken a huge hit, esp. on reach
- Majic, too
- TSN 1200 had a strong book
- Country stations 101.1 (Rogers) and 94 (Bell Media) almost in a dead split
How do you see these numbers? Who among you are wearing the rose-coloured glasses?
(Source data from numeris.ca)
Here’s some demographic data from Bell Media, posted by media consulting firm Kowch Media: