Monday, September 4 is Labour Day in Ottawa which means a long weekend for most people. Here’s a list of what’s open and closed. To add to this list please email email@example.com
Shopping & attractions:
- While most grocery stores & retail outlets in Ontario are closed, if you do need last-minute groceries, many Shoppers Drug Mart, IDA stores, and Rexall Pharma Plus open on the holiday and have basic groceries. Metro on Rideau remains open 24 hours. There are also grocery stores open nearby in Perth and Smiths Falls.
- Rideau Centre is open from 10am-6pm, along with many of the shops in the Byward Market. Other malls in the region are closed, including the malls in Gatineau.
- The Parkdale Market is open (Wellington @ Parkdale)
- Acorn Farm (between Kanata and Carp) is open and they sell fresh produce.
- Most (but not all) Bridgehead locations are open. Three sixty-two Richmond Rd., 151 O’Connor St. and 344 Slater St. are closed, while all other shops are open for Sunday hours.
- Most (but not all) Starbucks and Tim Hortons locations that aren’t in shopping malls are open.
- Some pools, arenas and fitness centres will be open on the Civic Holiday for public swimming skating and fitness classes with modified schedules. Check with ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Most City of Ottawa programming at arts centres, archives, galleries, theatres and museums will not be offered, however, clients should check ottawa.ca or their facility to confirm.
- Libraries are closed.
- Most museums are open.
- Most SAQ’s (liquor stores) are open in Quebec, unless they’re inside a shopping mall.
- LCBO’s and Beer Stores are closed on Monday.
- If you need beer, try the Mill Street Brew Pub near Lebreton Flats, or Big Rig near the IKEA or the Clocktower. They sell beer that you can take home with you.
- Movie theatres are open
- Banks are closed.
Need a doctor or emergency care?
- You can find healthcare services open during holidays by checking iamsick.ca
City / government services:
- City of Ottawa on-street parking regulations are in full effect, even though it’s a holiday. Regular weekday restrictions apply.
- Government offices are closed.
- OC Transpo operates on a Sunday schedule. Note that there’s a new OC Transpo fall schedule in effect as of Sunday.
- City Hall and Client Service Centres are closed
- Ontario Provincial Offences Court is closed
- There will be no curb side green bin, recycling or garbage collection. Monday’s pickup will take place on Tuesday. In addition, the collection of garbage, green bin, leaf and yard waste and recycling materials will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- More info about City of Ottawa service changes…
To add to this list please email firstname.lastname@example.org